Closed Thread
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default A jewellery store did me wrong

So yesterday I went into a jewellery store and looked at a nice bracelet (Stirling silver) it was thick and solid. I also had a pair of earrings on hold. I told the lady I will think about the bracelet and put it on hold with the earrings, which she did, I told her I'll be back in around 10min. Which I did return. By that time, my kids were running a muck. (2 toddlers) I told the lady who has served me a few times that I will take the items. Ummm now.... She proceeded to get the earrings from the counter where the holds are BUT the bracelet from the cabinet, which I found odd, but I trusted her and didn't think anything of it.

Today I went to put on my new piece and to my disbelief it's a hollow piece of crap. They have actually swapped the bracelet with a hollow one. I was sooo shocked. I actually went there at 9am and stated my case. The guy didn't really care. I had to wait for the manager and then the regional manager.

I told them to check there cameras and I will happily wait. There excuse....there cameras are not working, so after 2.5 hours of this crap I was only offered a refund.

I came home and did my research and phone calls and I have been advised if they offered a refund then they did there best. Is that right? Seriously!

I'm still waiting for one phone call back tomorrow.

Thoughts?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I would be content with the refund to be honest. I would never shop there again though.

I would only cause waves/take it further if I was met with resistance in terms of getting my money back.

It seems dodgy, but it may have been an error by the staff member as opposed to being an intentional act of scamming.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    well what did you pay for? the cheaper item or the one you saw in the shop earlier? it certainly sounds annoying but not sure what outcome you want? what did you want the shop to do for you/offer you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Degrassi View Post
    I would be content with the refund to be honest. I would never shop there again though.

I would only cause waves/take it further if I was met with resistance in terms of getting my money back.

It seems dodgy, but it may have been an error by the staff member as opposed to being an intentional act of scamming.
    I will get a refund, it just made me really angry.

I believe they realised they put the price tag on the wrong item, but I cannot prove that because their cameras weren't working. I just needed to get it off my chest.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Huh? So you think that the bracelet had the incorrect price tag on it, and you are annoyed that you didn't get to swindle the shop?
    I'm confused as to what else you want from them. They refunded your money. Nothing I've read suggests they did anything wrong except correct their own mistake and perhaps not give you the option of paying a higher price for the solid bracelet. As PP said, it could have been an oversight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would have been annoyed I didnt get the bracelet I wanted but happy that I got a refund

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    well what did you pay for? the cheaper item or the one you saw in the shop earlier? it certainly sounds annoying but not sure what outcome you want? what did you want the shop to do for you/offer you?
    To give me the solid bracelet of course. Because I'm 100%%% they swapped it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Why do you need to prove they switched price tags? They might have made a mistake - and they did not realise. Or maybe they are douches.

What did you want them to do? What were you expecting to receive?

A refund is appropriate in this case. They could also offer an exchange or credit with the store.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If they made a mistake they are still not required to give you the higher priced item at the lower price.. It's human error and it happens. I'd be disappointed but wouldn't push it as it's understandable that mistakes happen. I'm so confused by this..

10. The Following User Says Thank You to lulupetal For This Useful Post:

Hasselhoff  (01-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default A jewellery store did me wrong

Yep lulupetal

I'm assuming that you feel you should get the higher priced item for the lower price? Is that right? These things happen. It's just human error. Sure, it sucks and I'd be peeved but I wouldn't start accusing them of being deceitful.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast