+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks, @CcegG DH does not want to discuss the ins & outs of our s3x life with the doc (pun intended). So, that's that, I guess.

We tried 4 x at-home turkey baster method last cycle but AF arrived yesterday. Rather disappointed as it was the best TTC effort we have EVER done (in the 4 years we've spent in total TTC #1 & #2).

DH has said he is still wanting to keep trying. We've got 4 more cycles on Clomid to go before the next step in this journey.

I still cannot express how helpful it has been to me knowing that there are other couples out there struggling with the same issues.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Aloria definitely helpful I agree! This thread gave me the confidence that it isn't just me! Hubby always reassures me that it isn't something I'm doing wrong, too.
    Has your DH undergone any fertility tests? I made mine do an at home semen analysis. I was like, listen buddy, I'm doing all this crazy charting and peeing on various sticks, you can meet me part way! Haha

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CcegG For This Useful Post:

Aloria  (06-08-2016),MUG81  (06-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @CcegG TOTALLY get how you start to think maybe there's something wrong with me - that I am not sexy/attractive/beautiful or that I'm doing something wrong. DH says the same thing to me - it's not me, it's him. It doesn't stop me wondering if I'm not (unintentionally) making things worse.

DH had 2 separate semen analyses done. First came back that he was on the low end of the 'normal' range for several indicators. Second lot of results came back more positive... But I'm a suspect that they were still in the low range. I really should go & look them up again!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Aloria I know we'll never stop wondering...
    Have you talked about getting inseminated professionally (forgive me I'm not certain on terminology)? I'd imagine there's a lot of control factors on semen temperature etc. I worry about you taking clomid if that isn't the root of the problem.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @CcegG You're such a lovely kindred spirit.
    My OB/GYN is hopeful that by guaranteeing that I'm ovulating, we can get there "naturally". I think he's giving us more cycles before referral to FS because we managed to conceive DD without any intervention.

IUI (intra-uterine insemination) is the next step if these Clomid cycles don't work. If IUI doesn't happen, our TTC journey ends, and we just enjoy the one darling daughter that we already have.

From a relationship perspective, me being on the drugs & us having a clear plan in place for "what's next?" has really taken a lot of the frustration out of failed cycles. It still cuts when AF turns up, but I'm not left feeling as though I'm in purgatory waiting for something that may never happen with no end in sight. Having direction and a plan of attack also worked for DH, although he's more desperate than I am to get me UTD as quickly as possible!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Aloria oh that's really good! Sorry I worry, clearly I need a baby here to direct my worry at haha!

That is really true it helps a lot to know the clear path forward. I'm glad you have options! And it is great you have your lovely daughter naturally! My fingers and toes are crossed for you and family!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to CcegG For This Useful Post:

Aloria  (08-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Aloria how's the clomid going? Thinking of you!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to CcegG For This Useful Post:

Aloria  (29-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @CcegG Thank you for asking. Had TWO successful BD sessions this month!! Also had one unsuccessful one, which was probably on my peak day, but I'm still super stoked with our efforts. Temps have been gradually decreasing for the last few days, so it looks like we didn't get there this month. Since Clomid is no longer available, I will be on Femara (Letrozole) for the last 3 cycles before referral to FS.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Aloria woooo! That's incredible! Sounds like things are going on the right track!!!
    With us I backed off in the week leading up and then we only BD on the peak day. The "old sperm" thing didn't hurt us. And it turns out from the due date from our 1st appt I actually ovulated a bit later, so those sperm waited a full 3 days and then fought it out. Our bodies are amazing!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to CcegG For This Useful Post:

Aloria  (31-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks, @CcegG I was actually feeling a bit down about it all couple of days ago, thinking "why can't we just BD every 2nd day like everyone else seems to? Surely we would be in with a good chance if we did that?!?" But I know deep down that is not my situation. We can only do what we do, right? I'm thinking next cycle we should try BD'ing a couple of days earlier than we have been, so that the little fellas can get to the tubes before O. I should know better than to plan too much!!!