+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @ WinterJade - ED - erectile dysfunction, ejaculation disorder - admittedly 2 slightly different issues, but they can often feel like the same thing to a guy.

@ Mug81 & CcegG - unfortunately, that option doesn't work for us. I think my partner has a very low libido - he only wants to do it once in the month, so he holds out until O day. No fresh sperm here!! I have suggested not telling him when it is and is doing it several times around then-ish to take the pressure off him but he doesn't want to waste the effort if he actually finished. Always looking for the instant home run, rather than running between each base one at a time, so to speak. Part of the problem has been sleep deprivation - he's just too tired to BD all month long!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Aloria View Post
    Part of the problem has been sleep deprivation - he's just too tired to BD all month long!
    I know it. I notice once we go on vacations he's relaxed and catches up on sleep and is ready to go daily! If only we could take a week of vacation around O lol! Sadly I don't think anyone has that luxury.
    So we tried to DTD twice in O window but only worked out the first time. So no fresh sperm for me either. Just going to allow my body to decide if that sperm is worthy of a zygote. Fx!

Thanks
    Reviews
    So good news for everyone. We did it literally twice this month, once the night I got a peak opk. And, bfp!!!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CcegG For This Useful Post:

MUG81  (17-07-2016),Yogis Mumma  (06-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CcegG View Post
    So good news for everyone. We did it literally twice this month, once the night I got a peak opk. And, bfp!!!
    Oh my Goodness!!!! Massive congrats!!! Amazing news. When are you due?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @WinterJade! I think March 27. Hopefully all goes well!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @WinterJade! I think March 27. Hopefully all goes well!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awesome! How super exciting

We've agreed to try 3 days in a row this month (as per doctor's instructions). Hoping that it doesn't demoralise DH if he doesn't finish to have to try again the next night.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Aloria For This Useful Post:

CcegG  (17-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Aloria thanks!

I hope it goes well for you two! Is the Dr aware of his "issues"?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not sure doc is fully aware of the extent of DH's problems... We did mention that there were some mechanical problems, but not specific stats on his poor performances. I have felt that I just can't throw him under the bus, so to speak, and just point the finger of blame at him - his self-esteem is already pretty low & I don't want to crush him when he's already down. If he can't admit his problem to the doc then I didn't want to over-step the mark by doing it.

But, really, it is probably about to surface - next doc appt is in 3 days. DH is at the point where he wants a vasectomy & just be happy with the one DD we already have. I think some frank discussions will need to be had, as I'm no where near ready to give up on the hope of a second child. The 6 cycles of clomid/Serophene prior to FS referral is too long for DH...

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Aloria that's really tough. It sounds like you're taking all the blame though. I've always felt like doctors need to have all the facts in order to give the best advice. And they're mostly non judgmental. I think it's important for them to know that advice like DTD 3 days in a row, and DTD every other day, are not useful when your man cannot perform in that manner (at least that's the case for us).