+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Payment date if you are on monthly salary

So sorry i sound dumb asking this in the forum. i started my new full time job exactly on monday 9th may and my emplpyment contract also says so. I know my company pays salary on 15 th every month. I was told on the first day of work that i would be put on the catch up payment payroll at the end of this month for this month's payroll. I was told i was too late to be included for the 15th May payment. So i waited today and no money has been paid to my acc.
    I have a feeling that they didnt pay me today and would only be paid next month. I should have asked today but i was out of the office half day and was waiting till COB to see my payment already in the acc or not. I will ask my HR and payroll lady tomorrow if they havent paid me at all.

Would it be that payments to my bank would be arriving on the next business day after the intending payment date? Just like centrelink payments, there are people that are recieving it as soon as the clock turns into the payment date (often at 00:01) where as i always get it on the next business day by COB.

I have been working on salary jobs and always see payments in my acc exactly on the pay day.

I have bills and rents to pay and i am freaking out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Depends on what bank they use. I get paid as soon as work release our income but some people wait a few hours or even the next day because of who they bank with.

Best to ask to see if they did pay you or not otherwise you might have to wait til next pay run is in

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Payment date if you are on monthly salary

I always used to work salary jobs. One company I worked for paid in the 15 of each month for the previous months work, so, a new employee starting in the 9th of May would get paid on the 15th of June for the first time. If this is how your workplace operates then you get paid next month.

Another place I worked paid on the 15th for the two weeks you've just worked as well as the two weeks you are about to work. So a commencement date of the 9th should see you get paid on the 15th of May for 2 1/2 weeks work. If this is the case, chase it up with payroll, they may have missed you, or there's some paperwork that isn't finalised..

Ftr, I once went 6 weeks getting NO money, by the end, I was so broke! I had no money at all! So I hope your work doesn't operate this way!!

Edit! I just re read your post! Ignore my reply! Chase it up as they said they would put you into a catch up payroll!!
    Last edited by preggasaurus; 31-05-2016 at 18:56.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Double check with payroll. I started a new job a couple of weeks ago on the 16th. Payday is apparently at the end of the month but I won't get paid this month - apparently I missed the payroll cutoff because of my start date so I don't get paid until the end of June! Luckily it's not a problem as we can cover all our expenses but it feels like a long time with no pay!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I get paid monthly. We get paid on the 15th of every month. All payroll needs to be in before the 1st of the month. If not, you will not get paid until the next month. Speak to your HR but I would assume you will be paid more on your first month as it would be backdated to your start date. Did you get a pay slip?

Eta. What I described above could be the catch up payment that they advised you. You should ask the date you will be paid when you speak to them. And also verify the dates that will be paid.
    Last edited by twinklify; 31-05-2016 at 20:59.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yesterday I got my payroll website logins and stuff and i logged in today and no payslip yet. No payment going in as at now (evening here already obviously). I will def chase it up tomorrow. They are the ones who advised me first that i would be on the chase up payment. But its weird these days that if there any payments im supposed to get in my acc they would arrive later than the exact/written pay date.... That never happens before and i have been using the same savings acc since my first job!

Thanks
    Reviews
    And to be honest too, if i would be paid next month on the 15th i dont know how i am gonna survive!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I hope you can find some answers because I would be in the same boat as you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok so i came in to work this morning and found a payslip emailed to me. It says its been processed since 7pm last night. I dont know when thats gonna be in my account. Hopefully not too long by today! *cries*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by bunnymum View Post
    Ok so i came in to work this morning and found a payslip emailed to me. It says its been processed since 7pm last night. I dont know when thats gonna be in my account. Hopefully not too long by today! *cries*
    At the very latest it should be in your account by tomorrow morning. If they processed it earlier in the day (before 4pm) you'd more than likely have the money by now.

I've found unless I'm with the same bank that my workplace uses, my pay will not show up until the following morning. I now have my bank account with the same bank as my workplace and they money hits my account within about 30 seconds.