+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Mater mothers public. Experiences please.

Hi all,

Just poking my head in to ask about hospitals. I've sent a referral off to mater mothers public and they have put my referral through to the group midwifery practice.

Now I have a few questions for anyone who has given birth at the mater mothers public or has been through the group midwifery practice. (Still don't know if I've been accepted into the group program)

- how long after you sent your referral off did you hear back from the hospital?

- when was your first antenatal appointment?

- what's a general schedule for appointments? 12weeks, 20 weeks, etc etc.

- what are the birthing suites like at the mater?

Thank you in advance,
    One nervous first time mumma.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump for the evening crowd.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm just poking my head in hoping someone answers your questions - I'm going to be trying to get into the program too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Thought I replied to already this morning. First time I went public at the mater, had my first appointment before 12w and heard back almost right away.

This time I am going with the midwife group and my first appointment was not long before 20w. Took much longer to hear back from them this time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Birth suites are nice.

My schedule was a mw meeting then group meetings at 24w 28w 31w 34w 36w 38w 40w etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have been through the midwife group practice twice, and once just through the normal midwife appointments at the hospital. The midwife group practice is great, couldn't recommend it more. The birthing suites are fine, the hospital is quite new. Can't remember the schedule, but what Mamasupial said sounds right.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    I don't realllly remember much about the suites. I was too busy lol.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mamasupial For This Useful Post:

LittleBug'sMum  (02-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a student midwife at Mater Mothers' and it is an excellent hospital, the mums and babies are well taken care of and the environment is friendly and quite relaxed. All the mums that I have cared for on the postnatal ward (public and private) were very happy with their decision to birth at the Mater.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MSUQ For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (29-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    - how long after you sent your referral off did you hear back from the hospital?

Within 2 weeks I had received my letter with my first appt

- when was your first antenatal appointment?

I think it was around 17 weeks

- what's a general schedule for appointments? 12weeks, 20 weeks, etc etc.

Once every 4 weeks til 30 weeks, then every 2 weeks, then weekly until bub was born

- what are the birthing suites like at the mater?
    I had one baby at the old mothers hospital and one at the new hospital. Both were great but I didnt experience much of the new hospitals birthing suite as DS#3 decided to come super fast so was only in the suite for 30 mins before he was born.

Cant recommend them highly enough. I had my oldest and youngest there and had my middle boy at a different hospital - mater mothers was by far the best experience