+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlsRock View Post
    It was super painful, particularly during a feed, it felt like my nipple was in a vice like grip and being twisted. Between feeds I had a kind of stabbing pain internally.

Hope you can get it cleared up soon (whether its "just" thrush or something that sounds even worse like that described above...ouch!!!)
    Thanks this sounds very much like what I am experiencing. I hope it clears quickly, he only feeds one side at a time and is currently spacing most feeds 4-5 hourly so hoping to use that to my advantage for healing etc.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnygirl79 For This Useful Post:

GirlsRock  (01-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was going to suggest thrush but you already got your answer! If you want a more natural alternative to try use coconut oil. Take it orally for you and onto the nipple (bub will get some from feeding). And probiotics for you and bub if you can.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    I was going to suggest thrush but you already got your answer! If you want a more natural alternative to try use coconut oil. Take it orally for you and onto the nipple (bub will get some from feeding). And probiotics for you and bub if you can.
    Thanks - I already take a broad spectrum probiotic and doubled my dose once this started so hoping that helps! If it were only mild pain I would prob try naturally but it was so bad yesterday I almost couldn't feed off that side so will go hard core and hope it's gone fast. But good tip re coconut oil I use it on my body anyway so will add nipples into that routine! 😊

I *think* the feed early today was slightly less painful so hoping the cream plus airing out overnight has helped already.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnygirl79 For This Useful Post:

twinklify  (01-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hemarao View Post
    Can you use nipple shield?
    Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't think that would help because the pain is from the inside, if that makes sense? The outside of the nipple feels fine, it's more the sucking I believe that hurts. It also hurts when expressing, and there isn't anything actually touching my nipple when I do that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quick update - feeding is not hurting today so looks like the thrush treatment is working! Thank you to everyone that replied, I would not have thought thrush if you hadn't all suggested it. I will continue treatment for a week to make sure it doesn't come back.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sunnygirl79 For This Useful Post:

Adoralicious  (02-06-2016),AdornedWithCats  (02-06-2016),babyno1onboard  (02-06-2016),gingermillie  (02-06-2016),GirlsRock  (02-06-2016),Happymum2  (02-06-2016)