+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Erh GP wasn't much help just inspected it and said oh no real sign of infection maybe just rest it a few days. WTAF?! Yeh stop feeding on that boob because that will help!! Anyway spoke to chemist who agreed with me it sounds suspicious as it came on so suddenly and suggested Canesten cream for a few days so I will try that and hope it clears. At least no signs of mastitis. And no thrush visible in DS2s mouth either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    Erh GP wasn't much help just inspected it and said oh no real sign of infection maybe just rest it a few days. WTAF?! Yeh stop feeding on that boob because that will help!! Anyway spoke to chemist who agreed with me it sounds suspicious as it came on so suddenly and suggested Canesten cream for a few days so I will try that and hope it clears. At least no signs of mastitis. And no thrush visible in DS2s mouth either.
    I had recurring thrush over a two month period that started when bub was 12 weeks old. I had no visible signs whatsoever and neither did my DD. I tried a gel on my nipples and in bubs mouth (I think Nilstat) at the suggestion of a pharmacist. It cleared up the thrush but because I stopped using it as soon as my nipple pain stopped it pretty much came straight back. I ended up having to take a canestan oral tablet and then use the nilstat gel on my nipples and in DD's mouth for about 2 weeks after the symptoms had cleared up. The RCH has a fact sheet on thrush that I found useful.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GirlsRock For This Useful Post:

Happymum2  (31-05-2016),sunnygirl79  (31-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlsRock View Post
    I had recurring thrush over a two month period that started when bub was 12 weeks old. I had no visible signs whatsoever and neither did my DD. I tried a gel on my nipples and in bubs mouth (I think Nilstat) at the suggestion of a pharmacist. It cleared up the thrush but because I stopped using it as soon as my nipple pain stopped it pretty much came straight back. I ended up having to take a canestan oral tablet and then use the nilstat gel on my nipples and in DD's mouth for about 2 weeks after the symptoms had cleared up. The RCH has a fact sheet on thrush that I found useful.
    Thank you. My GP was useless as he couldn't see anything he didn't even consider thrush. I have some daktatin oral gel the pharmacist suggested was easier to use so will see how I go with that. Hopefully it clears. Was yours super super painful I was almost crying earlier?! Not even early days of grazed nipples hurt this much. I might try taking panadol before the next feed...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Could it be dry skin and skin breaks? Or your cycles starting to return and ovulation?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPopsicle View Post
    Could it be dry skin and skin breaks? Or your cycles starting to return and ovulation?
    Nipple looks fine not dry or cracked. And it's only one nipple. It's so incredibly painful and it's more from inside the nipple rather than the skin/outside.

No idea re cycles. It took 9 months with DS1. No obvious signs of it coming back early.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Spoke to the LC (was actually the midwife at his birth! Small world up here 😂). She thinks most likely thrush so I am going to treat for 5 days and go see her next week if it hasn't worked. So glad I have a plan of attack.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sunnygirl79 For This Useful Post:

Adoralicious  (31-05-2016),GirlsRock  (31-05-2016),turquoisecoast  (31-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS is 6 mths and I recently just had this. Toe curling pain like from the inside. I checked his latch also and it was perfect. After 2 days of almost crying with every feed, a small white dot appeared on the end of my nipple- turns out it was a blocked duct right leading up to the nipple, also called a milk blister or bleb. It was excruciating!

I used heat compresses and rubbed it in the shower with a flannel and then an exfoliating glove (I got desperate). It took a day of all of this and then when he fed I felt the blockage sucked out. Hurt so much I almost screamed... When I took him off, most of the white pimple thing was gone with a bit left behind. Took another few days to clear up. Try googling milk blister. I didn't have any visible symptoms for a few days prior to the white dot except pain.

Good luck!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Excited1 For This Useful Post:

sunnygirl79  (31-05-2016)

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    If its thrush, treatment should work really quickly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AdornedWithCats View Post
    If its thrush, treatment should work really quickly.
    Thanks, the chemist suggested a few days. Will see how I go 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    Thank you. My GP was useless as he couldn't see anything he didn't even consider thrush. I have some daktatin oral gel the pharmacist suggested was easier to use so will see how I go with that. Hopefully it clears. Was yours super super painful I was almost crying earlier?! Not even early days of grazed nipples hurt this much. I might try taking panadol before the next feed...
    It was super painful, particularly during a feed, it felt like my nipple was in a vice like grip and being twisted. Between feeds I had a kind of stabbing pain internally.

Hope you can get it cleared up soon (whether its "just" thrush or something that sounds even worse like that described above...ouch!!!)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to GirlsRock For This Useful Post:

sunnygirl79  (01-06-2016)