+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    At the moment we are getting new floor boards installed and the inside repainted so it's literally a bomb site ! Like everyone else it normally ok but I always do a quick ten min refresh before people come over

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (31-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The laundry is piled with clean (needing folding) clothes and dirty clothes, it looks pretty messy. DSS1's room is ok, DSS2's room is pretty messy. The rest of the house is tidy. Lounge room has a few of DD's toys scattered about but would only take a minute to put them all in the toy basket. DF is a neat freak so our house is usually quite tidy. He'd go insane otherwise.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (31-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Clean and tidy. It always is unless the kids are actively playing and have toys out. I'm very particular about keeping it like this because it helps keep my anxiety under control. The only thing that's not done is dishes away and beds made but I'll do that as soon as I get up (part of my morning routine).

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Moxy For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (31-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If you go downstairs to kids play room/ study there are toys everywhere and clothes drying on airers in the laundry.
    Lounge kitchen isnt too bad, my floors need a good clean and as I was sick yesterday dh was "kind enough" to just soak the the slow cooker pot instead of actually cleaning it and didnt actually clean the kitchen (I am so annoyed)
    Kids rooms are clean but my room and bathroom are trashed atm but I have two assignments I need to finish by friday so the house is going to remain fairly messy until I can get my study done. Luckily ai never get people dropping in

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Purple Poppy For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (31-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    House is clean, but messy. Wouldn't take too long to tidy but meh. I've worked 4 12 hour shifts this week and I'm going to have fun with the kids today. The house can stay messy!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Silver flute For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (31-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bomb site. I've been sick since Saturday so DA2 has been running riot upstairs and down. DH doesn't clean unless asked and I was too trashed to ask. So today I'm looking at piles of unwashed clothes, piles of unfolded but washed clothes and towels. The drying rack I set up under the vent overnight Friday is still in the hall full of clothes, both dish drawers full with thankfully clean dishes, dirty dishes in sink, surety benches and stove top because DH has been cooking, dirty coffee machine, toys and books everywhere, floor filthy .... I'm stopping or I will cry. Messy clutter raises my stress levels through the roof.

Thankfully no one ever just drops in as we don't really know anyone. A random drop in right now would probably have me hiding in the laundry and pretending not to be home lol

12. The Following User Says Thank You to binnielici For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (31-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Our house was clean and tidy last night, mainly due to my housework efforts on Sunday and the fact that we keep the house in good order when we know someone is coming over (DS's speech therapist was supposed to come for a session yesterday afternoon but she cancelled due to illness).

The main thing that makes our place look untidy at times is DS's toys - he loves putting them on the dining table (as much as we try to deter it). Too many toys and a small house = clutter town! We have tried making his bedroom more inviting for play, but he still prefers to play in the main living area.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (31-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    It's a little untidy but generally clean. I do spot cleans constantly as I go, so I'm generally able to make it look pretty good at short notice.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (31-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    There are toys scattered around the living area because dd2 is playing and there are dishes sitting on the drying rack, but it's otherwise good.
    I generally clean as I go, so the house doesn't often get out of hand.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (31-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Poppy View Post
    dh was "kind enough" to just soak the the slow cooker pot instead of actually cleaning it and didnt actually clean the kitchen (I am so annoyed)
    Why do they do this????? If you're going to half do a job, just do the rest!

I asked DH to unpack and put away the dishes. When I do this, I automatically also do the dishes in the dish rack, pack the dishwasher with any more dishes that have accumulated, and handwash anything else that can't be stuck in the dishwasher. Nope. He literally just unpacked and put away the things in the dishwasher. He does the cooking, but apparently cannot put away anything he uses.

So, my house was a pigsty last night. I was exhausted after several bad nights with DS, and I went to bed as soon as I had put DS down. When I got up this morning and saw that nothing had been touched, I had a little mutter under my breath. I had whole house tidied, swept and wiped over within 45 minutes. It's a lot better today. All that's left is for DH to put away his stuff and make his side of the bed (I've reached a stand off with him over both, and I'm not touching it except to throw all his crap in a pile, and if necessary, I kick it under his side of the bed 😂. The stuff he leaves in the kitchen I have no choice but to do, because otherwise I would not cope).

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny Dancer For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (31-05-2016)