+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Monday night fluff: Your house

If your house was open to the public this very minute, what would they get? Messy? Spotlessly immaculate? Untidy but generally clean? A bombsite??
    We didn't get home until late yesterday afternoon from a weekend away and I had to be out all day today (swimming lessons, doctors, shopping and school pickup etc) and by the time I got home, cooked dinner and bathed the toddler, I'm exhausted. I am also sick with a throat/sinus infection and feeling generally crap so haven't done any housework at all. I have washing piled up on the couch, dinner dishes still unwashed and just sh!t pretty much everywhere. And I'm too tired to care. I'll deal with it tomorrow.
    So, if I walked through your door right now, how would you feel? Do you care if people drop in and walk straight into a messy house? I'd be mortified if anyone stumbled into this dump right now. I actually can't stand mess and get very anxious when the house is upside down, but I'm too sick/tired tonight to care.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm sick, my 6 month old and 2 yr old are sick, dh has been doing a night course the past week (on top of his nor mon-fri job), plus my 7 yr old being his usual 7 yr old self... I haven't done housework in the past week aside from dishes and laundry

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Barnaby For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (30-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Bombsite. We've let the house go this week and it shows. Plus our bin is overflowing thanks to rubbish strikes so we have s whole bunch of recycling and stuff ready to go as soon as its enptied.

Our house is just so messy and its really affecting my mood

5. The Following User Says Thank You to smallpotatoes For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (30-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    With ten minutes of effort my house would be spotless. It's pretty good...just have a couple of things out that should be away.
    We have people drop in all the time. I gave up caring ages ago. Our neighbours are our friends, and our kids are friends, so we're forever popping in and out of each other's houses.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (30-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My house is rarely tidy.
    I do the bare minimum. I have days when I'm in a cleaninh mood (sorting out cupboards etc) but not all the time.

Right now it's organised mess.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Homeschooling4 For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (30-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Full House View Post
    With ten minutes of effort my house would be spotless. It's pretty good...just have a couple of things out that should be away.
    This. Try to stay on top of it as much as possible

11. The Following User Says Thank You to giveitago For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (30-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    There's some clothes on my bedroom floor but it's been vacuumed yesterday. A handful of everyday stuff on the bedsides (glasses of water etc).
    Kids room (all 4 kids share and are 6, 4, 3 and 2) has fresh linen done yesterday and vacuumed. Just some books and blankets on the floor.
    Spare/kids clothes room is tidy-ish. It just looks like a storage room. Some cupboards and boxes etc.
    Bathroom is reasonably clean. Just a few toys scattered and things out of place on the vanity but recently cleaned.
    Kitchen is just about spotless and dishwasher has just finished so the door of that is just sitting a bit open.
    Lounge room is pretty tidy but needs a vacuum. Also school bags are just thrown near the door which bugs me but I'm trying to figure a storage solution I would be happy with.
    Our toy room/storage because we don't have a shed presently (it's a sunroom) is a bit haphazard but it's out the side of the house so no visitor would go there anyway.

It often looks like a bomb site but I'm working on it. I'm not the best domestic in the world but oh well.

I actually had a friend over for dinner on Saturday and just about my whole house was great except my kids room. My 6 and 4yos had been cleaning it all day but weren't done. Beds were stripped, toys everywhere, old crushed up crackers all over the floor and an apple core on the bed (the food issue is being dealt with slowly between my autistic 4yo and I...). I just shut the door when my friend got there but of course my 3yo insisted on dragging my friend in there to show her something. I was mortified and apologised profusely for the mess several times but she assured me that she didn't care haha.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ahalfdozen For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (30-05-2016)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My house is small and I struggle with clutter. Just tonight I asked DH if he'd make me a coat rack/hat stand because like you @Ahalfdozen I've got bags (school bag, DD's dancing bag, swimming bag and various backpacks and handbags) clogging up my little hallway.
    He's handy with woodwork and agreed to make one. He just made a gorgeous shoe rack at my request and it's helped a lot with keeping the entryway neat.

AFM - my bedroom is clean and totally spotless
    DD's room is a bit untidy but clean sheets etc are a given, I change them weekly.
    Teenage DS's room is pretty funky right now (and not the good funky) but again, has clean bedding.
    Toilet is clean, shower is clean.
    Lounge/kitchen/dining areas all a cluttered, messy mess! Tomorrow DS is off school for exams and I've already told him we are cleaning this dump, can't stand it right now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bombsite! People that know me know I'm a neat freak so if they were to pop in they'd be shocked! My attitude is tomorrow is another day. It's weird though, I have this cycle where I clean up, everything is spotless and I remind myself of my motto "clean as you go" and the next minute it's a bombsite again. If I have warning someone is visiting it's amazing how quick I can clean up, ie, shove everything in the laundry and close the door!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to AceOfBase For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (30-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pretty OK (we have a 2 bed apartment and not a lot of things so its hard to get too messy), dirty dishes in sink (cleaner comes tomorrow so I'll leave them for her), toys spread over DS play area and DH desk is a dumpsite.
    We just had friends call in unannounced - happens at least 2-3 times a week so I try to keep things (relatively) organised!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to michellead For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (31-05-2016)