+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am lazy so I am just going to copy and paste my reply to Besha's thread. I will add that since writing it, just this past week actually, I've been having some pain like a gallbladder attack again but not as severe or long lasting. I have read of phantom attacks after having it out and will see my GP if they continue but for now I think it's all okay.

I had mine out two months ago, I'd never had major attacks just some mild pain. I only had one stone but it was big. I debated on not having the surgery done but chose to based on a discussion with the surgeon where he said it would be a more difficult surgery if I had to have it down the track after it had gotten inflamed etc.
    The actual surgery went smoothly, I was under for about 2-3 hours, the worst part was waking up vomiting in recovery. I was in a fair bit of pain that night but basically just slept off the anaesthetic anyway. The next day when I had to get up and shower and go home wasn't fun, the gas pain in my shoulder had me in tears until the nurse gave me some endone. I went home and napped the day away, for this day and the next I really had no energy and the gas pain was pretty bad. On my third day home I started feeling a bit better and only had panadol and neurofen from here on. I was also able to stay awake longer and only had one nap I think. My fifth day home DH went back to work and I was on my own with 4 kids and coped ok, however my youngest was a few months off 3 so understood that I couldn't lift her so she would climb in and out of the car, my older children were also a big help.
    Digestive/food wise, the first two weeks it didn't matter what I ate I would be running straight to the toilet soon after and I lost 4-5 kgs. From then on it's settled down and I can eat normally

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TableDancer For This Useful Post:

Mod-Myztik  (31-05-2016)

Mod-Myztik is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    My April Fools baby
    Winner 2009- Biggest Post-Awards Whinger
    Winner 2010- Biggest Computer Nerd

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Thanks for the info ladies! Will just have to see what the doctor says friday I guess.