+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Thoughts?

Okay so I went to the hospital about 3 nights ago because I was experiencing water leakage which I thought was my waters breaking slowly. When I got there, the lady used the metal speculum (pretty scary) to check if they broke and she said they hadn't and that she didn't know what else it could be.
    I was wondering if any of you know what it could be as I'm a bit frightened and hope my bub is okay

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    When I was very close to due with my 2nd Bub, he was sitting super awkwardly and it caused my bladder to leak very minimal amounts at a time. Almost like leaking waters. It was heavy enough I had to wear a pad but light enough that there was no colour and almost no smell so for the first few days I was quite confused by it but that's what it turned out it was. I was unable to "control" it coming out using my pelvic floor which also added to the confusion.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ahalfdozen For This Useful Post:

Chlozzalove  (30-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahalfdozen View Post
    When I was very close to due with my 2nd Bub, he was sitting super awkwardly and it caused my bladder to leak very minimal amounts at a time. Almost like leaking waters. It was heavy enough I had to wear a pad but light enough that there was no colour and almost no smell so for the first few days I was quite confused by it but that's what it turned out it was. I was unable to "control" it coming out using my pelvic floor which also added to the confusion.
    So did it turn out to be your waters? What do you think it could be?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I thought they would test it at the hospital? Ive seen some pads advertised in baby mags im pretty sure you can buy from pharmacy and you can check from home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Could be discharge? It is watery and plentiful in the later stages of pregnancy. How many weeks are you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    It could be a few things including watery vaginal discharge, urine or your waters leaking but they usually ask you to wear a pad and test it with strips. I can't see how they could tell with a speculum. A hind water leak isn't going to show up by looking up there not to mention the infection risk with possibly broken membranes.

A basic way to tell if it's your waters is to lie down for an hour and let it collect. If you feel a little gush when you stand up it could be your waters.

If at any time you're feeling unsure, trust your instincts and go in for a check up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree that if it was a hind water leak then looking with a speculum would not achieve anything.

When I suspected my waters were leaking they asked me to put a pad on and come in. They then rubbed what looked like a large cotton ear bud on the surface of the pad. It was treated with a certain chemical - depending on what colour it turned that showed whether it was amniotic fluid. For me it was and I was admitted immediately as I had been leaking for a couple of days with no labour.

Once fluid can come out then infection can go in. If it is still happening pop a pad in your pants and I would be going back to the ED and requesting they test the fluid. Pop a

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Rue View Post
    I thought they would test it at the hospital? Ive seen some pads advertised in baby mags im pretty sure you can buy from pharmacy and you can check from home.
    I think they're called Alsense.