+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    No but there was the time when I nearly lost my shiz at 2am when I couldn't see DS's head anywhere. Sleep deprivation may have been involved...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No. But I do often look at them, get a bit of a shock and remember I have to be a parent and think maybe I should stop binge watching <insert any TV series>. Does that count?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I get that sometimes when out. I have 4 that are 6 and under (incl special needs/absconder) so I am doing constant head counts. I do them so frequently I don't even realise and do them subconsciously. Just "one, two, three, four, yep continue". Sometimes hubby will have two with him and I go "one, two, oh god oh god oh god!! Nope they are with their Dad". And then again 5 minutes later

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    At the park totally. I look down at my phone or something equally as irresponsible and look up and can't see him. Is usually hiding behind a piece of play equipment but I have a moment where I think, any stranger could have just swept him away!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sometimes I can hear my neighbor's baby cry and I panic thinking it's my baby... Even tho my 2 toddlers are right in front of me! My brain thinks I have a 3rd baby I completely forgot about

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ciaomamma For This Useful Post:

deku  (30-05-2016)

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Yeah, I'll drop ds off at childcare and on the way to work I'll look in the mirror and think "omg where's ds??" ...oh right, just dropped him off!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol! You're all crazy, I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Moxy View Post
    No. But I do often look at them, get a bit of a shock and remember I have to be a parent and think maybe I should stop binge watching <insert any TV series>. Does that count?
    haha I've had the moment of "ugh why is that kid crying, their parent should really get on that... oh sh!t, I'm the parent!"

Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    No but there was the time when I nearly lost my shiz at 2am when I couldn't see DS's head anywhere. Sleep deprivation may have been involved...
    I've lost DS in his own bed too! He was so well camouflaged against his bedding his head just looked like a shadow. Few seconds of panic there.

Quote Originally Posted by MillieMollyMandy View Post
    I don't think I've lost them but I wake up at night and freak out that they're in my bed and I've forgotten and then maybe rolled on them or they've become covered in the doona. I've nearly clawed DH's face off a few times in my panic! My kids only very rarely sleep in my bed so I don't know why I wake thinking they're in there. Guess I'm just a bit nuts!
    This used to happen to me constantly when DS was a newborn and before we ever coslept! I think I must have been subconsciously remembering him being in my belly because I'd wake up expecting him to be in bed with me and freak out that he was being squashed under the blankets. Followed by a second freaking out that he wasn't in my bed so where is he? In the bassinet where I left him of course.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have Thursdays off work while DS is at daycare and I always find myself tiptoeing around during 'nap time' and wondering why he hasn't woken up, then realising he's at day care! Sometimes I even wait for him to wake up so that I can go out, then realise 30 mins later that he's not even here...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Umm...whilst driving him to school. He is so quiet in the car in the morning sometimes I think he isn't there and I'm driving on my own. Yesterday I nearly took him to work with me cause I forgot for a few seconds that he was in the car.