+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Does anyone else...

... Ever panic for a second thinking they've lost their children, when they're at childcare/school/grandmas/etc? (ie when you've deliberately left them somewhere perfectly safe). I'll be happily in my office working and my brain will suddenly think "hey DS isn't here. OMG WHERE IS HE??! oh right, he's at school. Carry on."

Or am I just crazy?

Anyone else have weird, unexpected things they think or do since being parents?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to deku For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (30-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Yep happens to me a lot. I was at the airport yesterday alone and spent most of the time looking around for my kids who were home with DH.

I worry more since becoming aware of people leaving babies in cars and also as my youngest is a runner / hider. Stresses me out constantly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I mainly do it when I have a day off at the shops. My toddler is with me 99% of the time when we are out. And he is someone who plays hide and seek in the shop.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    *Puts hand up*.

I get this when my youngest is at Preschool as I am so used to having her around home. I will be going about my business and start panicking wondering why I haven't heard her in the house or will speak to her in the car, only to realise she's at Preschool!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha glad it's not just me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I get this mostly when I have a rare occasion of ducking out without DS. I'll turn off the car, get my handbag etc and turn around to ask DS if he's ready and freak out at the empty car seat for a few seconds until it dawns on me! Too used to having him with me all of the time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I check the car seat when i KNOW I've dropped him off at childcare already. Traumatised by those stories about fatal distraction and leaving kids in cars!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yup I do it constantly. My 3 year old is a bolter/houdini so im constantly having to check where he is and I do it even if he's not with me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I woke up panicking at 2am this morning, because I realised I had left the kids in the car. I ran in to their bedrooms like a mad woman, only to find them all sleeping peacefully, of course.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to cheeeeesecake For This Useful Post:

deku  (30-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think I've lost them but I wake up at night and freak out that they're in my bed and I've forgotten and then maybe rolled on them or they've become covered in the doona. I've nearly clawed DH's face off a few times in my panic! My kids only very rarely sleep in my bed so I don't know why I wake thinking they're in there. Guess I'm just a bit nuts!