+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmi1987 View Post
    this isnt true, my sisters ex mil had no contact with her 11 month old and was granted access fortnightly by the courts
    I wonder if it differs by state? Because I know people that wanted to go for access, but were told by several lawyers that they would have zero chance as they didn't fit the criteria that I mentioned.

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by babybloom View Post
    She is a hoarder and her pool gate is so old she would get fined by council if they knew.
    Maybe someone should tell council...

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicmama View Post
    I wonder if it differs by state? Because I know people that wanted to go for access, but were told by several lawyers that they would have zero chance as they didn't fit the criteria that I mentioned.
    I'm in SA and this is through relationships Australia. I've been through it personally aswell years ago and nothing has changed.

The grandparents can make an appt play their case to a mediator in turn you will be sent a letter of offer to make an appt for yourself to go in and at your case, they give you 3 months I think it was to have your appt, so drag that one to the latest time possible. After your appts both parties have to attend a class on parenting (a joke I know) after that you go to mediation either together in the same room or seperate rooms but at the same time and the mediator will go back and forth Between the rooms. Each party comes up with proposals for visitation. If can agree then an agreement will be drawn up between the all involved but note that your mum can do what she wants with them while they are in her care. But I'd put limitations on that. If nothing can be resolved each party can ask for a certificate to say you have attended. If you get that either party can get more legal advice and go to court and get it sorted out by a judge.

You prob best though to actually ask her why she wants to take the older one for a week at such a young age. It does seem quite odd though. My son is now 9 (today) and he goes on trips with my folks for sometimes over a week but he has a very close bond and a very close relationship with them and No 2 that is due next month will have that same bond.

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I haven't read any of your posts, but you must be a very patient person. I personally would be sitting down with her at her next visit, and informing her that they were YOUR children, and she would see them when YOU permitted it, on your terms. And if she would like to threaten legal action again, then she would not be welcome in your home again. Either she could meet you in a neutral place (like a library with a kid's area), or she can just p1ss off. I have a great relationship with my mum and MIL, but I doubt I would let them take my 9 week old to the park without me. Sorry that I am absolutely no help, it must be tough having a strained relationship and to have all the effort you are making to allow her in your children's lives thrown back in your face.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cheeeeesecake For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (31-05-2016)