+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by AceOfBase View Post
    The other thing I can't shake off from the program was the lady telling her sister to give up IVF and find something else to make her happy, whilst her 2 young daughters were running around. I'm surprised the sister took it so well. I would have been beside myself. How dare she tell her to give up? I get the whole 'tough love' approach, my parents tried it with me after so many failed IVF attempts, but to me that is just cruel. How about supporting your sister instead of squashing her dreams.

PS, Wazza sounds like an amazing FS.
    He is, but I don't want the thread to derail...he's got his own thread where we can all go and worship him at his Altar!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (31-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @BlondeinBrisvegas oh yes, I've seen there is a Wazza appreciation thread. I don't want to derail this thread either but had to acknowledge that there are great FSs out there

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AceOfBase For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (31-05-2016),BlondeinBrisvegas  (31-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes but isn't this common people who have children are so insensitive towards us. I think she probably didn't mean it to come across the way it did but clearly she has no idea.
    A lot of IVFers would be childless still if they just gave up.
    The other thing I can't shake off from the program was the lady telling her sister to give up IVF and find something else to make her happy, whilst her 2 young daughters were running around. I'm surprised the sister took it so well. I would have been beside myself. How dare she tell her to give up? I get the whole 'tough love' approach, my parents tried it with me after so many failed IVF attempts, but to me that is just cruel. How about supporting your sister instead of squashing her dreams.

PS, Wazza sounds like an amazing FS.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Maxwellsmum you are so right, people just don't know what to do/say when someone is going through IVF. Sometimes if you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all is the best approach. As Mary Coustas said, nothing good comes out of giving up!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to AceOfBase For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (31-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post

Yes, the GST on Pads and Tampons frucks me off as well Luv!!

Burden on the taxpayer my a r s e!!! The most ridiculous statement!!!
    Last I looked I'm a tax payer and so is my partner! I've just watched the first ten minutes and it is very much concentrating on over 40's which is going tobe pretty dire. The programme does seem to be turd picking the stats and case studies.

Having said that I think there does need to be more regulation to stop the unscrupulous FS's from taking advantage and doing the wrong thing by these people and emptying their bank accounts. There have been a lot of people on bub hub who have been burnt. Every FS I spoke to at Genea and RPA was crystal clear about my chances, the first thing they did was whip out the age/success chart. I think I went from 20% when I was 38 yrs old to 10% when I was 40 and then 5% when I was 42.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @BlondeinBrisvegas oh yes, I've seen there is a Wazza appreciation thread. I don't want to derail this thread either but had to acknowledge that there are great FSs out there

Too true Luv, as is yours whomever he is

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

AceOfBase  (31-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Maxwellsmum you are so right, people just don't know what to do/say when someone is going through IVF. Sometimes if you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all is the best approach. As Mary Coustas said, nothing good comes out of giving up!
    @AceOfBase But I think there comes a time when women/couples decide to move on or change tact. I don't think people should be encouraged to flog a dead horse either, especially if it puts them into debt.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

AceOfBase  (31-05-2016),BlondeinBrisvegas  (31-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:

My heart goes out to those who have to due to I think mainly financial reasons where there's just no more $ for them to continue.

Or for others where the Donor path, for whatever reason, isn't a viable option for them, same for adoption. It's frucked for those people

I/we would've been one of those people if we hadn't of been successful. We almost were. Our last Cycle was our second last attempt.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

AceOfBase  (31-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Four Corners tonight - fertility treatments

Quote Originally Posted by Bongley View Post
    Last I looked I'm a tax payer and so is my partner! I've just watched the first ten minutes and it is very much concentrating on over 40's which is going tobe pretty dire. The programme does seem to be turd picking the stats and case studies.

Having said that I think there does need to be more regulation to stop the unscrupulous FS's from taking advantage and doing the wrong thing by these people and emptying their bank accounts. There have been a lot of people on bub hub who have been burnt. Every FS I spoke to at Genea and RPA was crystal clear about my chances, the first thing they did was whip out the age/success chart. I think I went from 20% when I was 38 yrs old to 10% when I was 40 and then 5% when I was 42.
    I agree, they did seem to purposely pick the worst case scenarios for the show. I thought it was going to focus on over 40s at first too but then they whipped out the younger couple who had been trying for a long time too. I think the program lacked balance. Sure there are sad cases like the people featured but there are equally a lot of success stories, and a lot of good doctors out there too, all of whom seemed to be ignored in this program.

I will say, I'm glad the guy who is the head of the ART council (or whatever that body is called) is not my doctor, he didn't inspire much confidence!
    Last edited by besha; 31-05-2016 at 11:50.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to besha For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post
    Too true Luv, as is yours whomever he is
    Mine was Dr Antony Lighten. He said we were his 19th success in a row (he's had many other successes, but this was his longest winning streak)

19. The Following User Says Thank You to AceOfBase For This Useful Post: