+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thank you @Tiny Danza. Yes, in total it took 4 clinics and 7 (I think) FSs but we got there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I didn't watch it - kind of glad now after reading through this thread.

I had two FS in my IVF journey for DS2 both at same clinic - but thousands of kms apart.

I hate saying this but FS1 was definitely more interested in his pay off then us getting a baby. He refused to try anything different, brushed off my questions for further tests. Had a rigid schedule of when he would do EPU and ET (which did not involve weekends or outside 9-4 Monday to Friday) and forced my body/uterus to fit that cycle. I NOW know he did ET's when my lining was so thin there was no hope of implantation. He also did not accurately report statistics or my chances of success.

My second FS (the fertility god that is Wazza!). Wazza was blunt, he told me when I walked in the door I had less than 5% chance and it went down on a daily basis. He told me my eggs were old and tired. He told me he would give me the truth at every stage but would support whatever I wanted to do. He told me when our embryos were c.rap. He returned my calls late at night and saw me at his office at 5am on a Sunday morning - and there were 3-4 couples sitting in his waiting room when I walked out. After 4 long years we got DS2 - as I cried with joy in his arms and thanked him he said it had nothing to do with him and was all about my persistence.

Don't tell me Wazza is in it for the money - he cares.

3. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to binnielici For This Useful Post:

AceOfBase  (31-05-2016),BettyW  (31-05-2016),BlondeinBrisvegas  (31-05-2016),Clementine Grace  (31-05-2016),Heyside  (31-05-2016),Keepontryin13  (31-05-2016),Kookii  (31-05-2016),kylie764  (31-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Definitely agree with you there @binnielici wazza does care.

I was in his rooms this morning for my appointment and the first thing he asked was "did you watch four corners?". He didn't watch it himself as he said he could predict what it was going to say. His wife watched it and told him all about it and it was just as he thought all negativity. His concern was that the programme would stir up the government and powers that be and they would start to take support and money away from women doing ivf like us.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (31-05-2016),BlondeinBrisvegas  (31-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AceOfBase View Post
    Yes, I did one cycle with one clinic and when that was a BFN the FS told me to give up. Which is in total contrast to another clinic where I did 9 cycles (all BFN) and they were happy for me to continue.
    @TinyDanza -yes. I am 42 get lots of eggs no ancillary health issues, physically don't suffer with cycling and did 3 cycles . Financially I can afford more cycles .No normal embryos out of those three. FS recommended to call it a day. I wanted to do one more, which I have and he said his primary concern was 'first do no harm' and since I didn't physically suffer any ill effects with cycling he would support me doing one more. My FS knowing I can afford cycles could let me just keep going but won't. I think some FS out there may be in it for the money but many are not and they were under represented in the program.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm with wazza too now best decision of my life. Just had two cancelled cycles with him and I love the man. Why because most other FS would have just taken my money and let those cycles progress. I have 16 FE'S so they have nothing to lose by doing that but wazza won't do that. The man is nothing if not thorough and straight up he will tell you the truth. I wish I had of seen wazza from the start of my IVF.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maxwellsmum For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (31-05-2016),BlondeinBrisvegas  (31-05-2016),kylie764  (31-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The other thing I can't shake off from the program was the lady telling her sister to give up IVF and find something else to make her happy, whilst her 2 young daughters were running around. I'm surprised the sister took it so well. I would have been beside myself. How dare she tell her to give up? I get the whole 'tough love' approach, my parents tried it with me after so many failed IVF attempts, but to me that is just cruel. How about supporting your sister instead of squashing her dreams.

PS, Wazza sounds like an amazing FS.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AceOfBase For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (31-05-2016),BlondeinBrisvegas  (31-05-2016),Heyside  (31-05-2016),kylie764  (31-05-2016),Wise Enough  (31-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's being repeated on ABC now, if anyone missed it who would like to watch.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Billie2 View Post
    First to put my hand up if I get it wrong! I think the taxpayer burden thing sh$ts me. As an infertile couple, I know how much Id kill to be off on mat leave and burdening myself I guess. I went off the pill in January 2009, and been paying tax on tampons and pads every month since. Add that up 4corners!!

Yes, the GST on Pads and Tampons frucks me off as well Luv!!

Burden on the taxpayer my a r s e!!! The most ridiculous statement!!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (31-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxwellsmum View Post
    I'm with wazza too now best decision of my life. Just had two cancelled cycles with him and I love the man. Why because most other FS would have just taken my money and let those cycles progress. I have 16 FE'S so they have nothing to lose by doing that but wazza won't do that. The man is nothing if not thorough and straight up he will tell you the truth. I wish I had of seen wazza from the start of my IVF.
    I'm a Wazza graduate here

Agree with everything all the other Girls have said about him.

He's as honest as the day is long He couldn't give a sh!t about the Clinics profit margins and despite being able to do nothing about Cycling costs etc, he will do what he can to keep his own costs to a minimum.
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 31-05-2016 at 10:32.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (31-05-2016),Heyside  (31-05-2016),kylie764  (31-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    My family and I were talking that the one whose sister told her to stop clearly had young kids but mustn't have offered to donate eggs.
    This would have been a beautiful gift from the sister