+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

Does anyone know if ringing centrelink after 7 pm basically your call will not go through and you'll only hear an engaged tone? I tried ringing centrelink on this number 136 150. this is the number that is written at the back of my centrelink letter and I tripled check on the website too that this is the number. I only have the chance to call them at 7pm. I know their lines are open from 8am-8pm.

Just need to re-schedule my appointment and I have enquiries about CCR too.

The reason why i'm asking this online is because obviously I cannot call them haha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bunnymum View Post
    Hi,

Does anyone know if ringing centrelink after 7 pm basically your call will not go through and you'll only hear an engaged tone? I tried ringing centrelink on this number 136 150. this is the number that is written at the back of my centrelink letter and I tripled check on the website too that this is the number. I only have the chance to call them at 7pm. I know their lines are open from 8am-8pm.

Just need to re-schedule my appointment and I have enquiries about CCR too.

The reason why i'm asking this online is because obviously I cannot call them haha.
    They are busy. I'd keep trying.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks! I thought usually when I rang them I'd hear a ring tone and then some prompts to wait in the line? I got the busy tone straight away so I thought I dialed the wrong number or somehow there was something wrong with my line.

I'll keep trying....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Every man and his dog is trying to ring and sort out their stuff because it's end of financial year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been trying to ring them throughout the day today too and only get the busy tone. Also having problems with child care benefit and DD is starting next week. End of financial year is always a hectic time to get through.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    You won't get the CCR until AFTER you have already paid the childcare service provider. I had this explained to me just today.. It's a rebate, which means "money back". You also need to have applied/requested for it to be paid directly to the centre if you want it taken straight out of the bill amount.
    Not sure if that advice helps but I'm currently in the midst of applying and sorting all of mine out, too. It's very confusing.
    ETA- for eg, I was told that I have to pay the first fortnight of DD's childcare in full, the rebate will be applied thereafter as a reimbursement type payment, which will be ongoing.
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 05-07-2016 at 23:19.