+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default CCR at zero percent - what does that mean?

DS attends before and after school hours care 5 days a week and I have been billed three times (weekly) since he started there 3 weeks ago. I applied for CCB and CCR a couple of weeks before he was due to attend the before and after school care and soon got a letter that my CCR was granted at zero percent (which I don't know that that means??).

For CCB I don't know how much I am entitled as I don't think I ever received the grant letter at all! When I started applying for CCB and CCR for DS I have not started working full time yet, but I thought I might just as well apply since it'd come in handy when I get a job one day so he could enrol in basc straight away (I was actively searching for a job back then).

Now I just went to Centrelink online site and found that my CCR status is the the one that pays directly to the service, and to my knowledge, the amount that i've been paying is full amount (with no rebates reflected in it). DOes that mean i've been paying full amount and not having any rebate entitled at all? I'm only at an administrator's average salary and if I continue putting DS in basc that means i'd be spending 1/3 of my salary on damn school care!

HELP!

Direct to service
    Your Child Care Rebate will be paid to your child care provider when your child's attendance is received. These payments will be paid fortnightly and in many cases weekly depending on when the attendance details are lodged. When choosing this payment option, if you are receiving Child Care Benefit at a legislative rate greater than zero percent (0%), then 15% of your Child Care Rebate entitlement will be withheld until end of financial year reconciliation.

and also my CCB is at 0.00%

Your Approved Child Care Benefit percentage is:
    • For 1 children in care 0.00%
    Upon applying both CCR/CCB, there was one section (which I cant remember whether it was intended for CCR or CCB) that asked how i'd like to claim and I chose quarterly lump sum claim as I wasn't so sure how much i'd be earning by the end of FY 15/16 as I did not work full time and was only employed casually/freelance basis.

The profile section of my centrelink online says I've had $100 of childcare rebate paid to date.. does that mean that's the amount i can claim as a lump sum at the end of FY?
    Last edited by bunnymum; 29-05-2016 at 20:49.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't see how you can't be eligible for rebate? You work and everybody gets a refund up to $7000. Maybe you have used up you $7000 and now paying full whack?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I can't comment on CCB as we're not eligible for that, but I also got the cryptic letter that said 0% for CCR and I can tell you we do receive it. I opted to have it paid straight to the service I think. I find that quite convenient really.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Does Centrelink know you're working? The CCR is 50% of your out of pocket expenses so doesn't really have a "rate" like the CCB does.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think perhaps your CCB is assessed at zero (mine is too, they assess your income and give you a percentage and you automatically get assessed for this when applying for CCR). CCB is means tested so if you earn too much you'll get zero CCB but still get CCR.
    If you ticked quarterly lump sum for CCR then yes you will be paying full fees but will get a quarterly lump sum back as far as I know this isn't means tested and everyone gets same amount (50% of costs to a maximum of $7500 per year so almost $1800 a quarter, if you are using 5 days of care a week you should be eligible for the maximum).
    Perhaps change your CCR so it gets paid direct to the centre each week/fortnight which will mean you pay a reduced amount direct to them each week. You can only change this before the start of the new financial year so do it asap.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (05-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies. I've only enrolled DS at before n after school care this month. I dont think I've used up to $7000 rebate already? When I enquired about that with the school care centre they said the info they got is that my rebate isnt paid directly to the service. I'm not sure why there are discrepancies here.
    I've just gone into my online centrelink account and updated a few details - one of them being DS' status as primary school child - i find that section was never updated and was noted as not recorded or something. Maybe that's why centrelink never picked it up?? Ds' DOB and childcare attendance are displayed correct though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just updated my income details in online centrelink site. Perhaps I should also update my employer details (not sure if there's a section to update that online...)

Also just updated CCR payment option but the website says I have already opted for "pay to direct service" .. anyway I went in and clicked the same option again and clicked submit. I am not sure what's the system is going to tell centrelink.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm the same. I think it means you've been approved for CCR (50% of fees) but you get 0% rebate from CCB.
    It is very confusing when you get the letter from centrelink!
    I know I get the CCR because full fees for DD's daycare is $92 per day, but I only pay $46 to the centre. Centrelink pays the difference straight to the centre.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you applied and were not working at the time no CCR will be paid until you start working. If so, update it with Centrelink and they will complete the assessment. I think you need to update that you work - not just your income. Do not remember if you need to advise of your employer. Just give them a call if you can on Monday.

Also, not sure if you are partnered but it is means tested so if your partner earns over a certain amount (no idea what though) then no CCB will be paid either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You might have also elected to not have CCB paid fortnight but at the end of the year. Or you might have ticked the option to claim at zero rate which people do when over the CCB income limit but still wanting CCR. Give them a call and ask them to check what payment options you selected.