+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 297
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Townsville
    Posts
    94
    Thanks
    111
    Thanked
    68
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbles21 View Post
    Haha all good! I'm a nurse too so I know what night shift does to you I'm 27 and I already have a 3 year old from my previous marriage. Now wanting to complete our little family. What about you?
    No kids and 39. Hence I am doing this alone! I had high hopes with my ex husband, but that was never going to happen.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Townsville
    Posts
    94
    Thanks
    111
    Thanked
    68
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jess8383 View Post
    GM9 my trigger is a pe it looks like an insulin pen with equally pen like needles so very tiny. Sounds ouch you. I am a nurse but have a min-fri job at the moment.
    My trigger was Pregnyl & had to reconstitute it myself. The Gonal F was like an insulin pen. All good, next time I won't be so silly...I mean, brave!

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    31
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked
    11
    Reviews
    0
    Hi all, I started my IVF/ICSI journey on the 18th of May with daily shots of Menopur (thin needle, barely felt it), then started morning Orgalutran shots as well (bit ouchy). I was freaking out about the trigger shot of Pregnyl mainly due to getting the mixing of the vials of medication right, so I let DH do it. That needle wasn't too bad either, did them all myself. I had lots of follicles but only got 8 eggs and then only 2 fertilised ☹️.
    I had one 8 cell embryo transferred yesterday. I can test on the 15th to see if we are successful. Fingers and toes are permanently crossed!

    I'm 43 and DH is 48 (yep, we are ancient!) and have a three year old boy. We have been trying for number 2 for 3 years. We had one heartbreaking miscarriage 18 months ago.

    So now I'm on the awful AWFUL 2 week wait where I have to try and relax and put it out of my mind .

    By the way, I've found the worst thing to be the 3 times a day Endometrium pessaries (or Vag tabs as DH calls them). They are a big hormone tablet that makes me feel sick. Ahhh, the joys.

    Good luck to everyone

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    181
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked
    77
    Reviews
    1
    Feeling a bit down tonight ultrasound and blood results were not as good as expected. I have 3 follicles on one side and 4 on the other but they are smallish. I've got to have puregon top ups and see how we go. I got told there is a chance they may have to cancel my cycle if I've not reacted well to the top ups. Hopefully that won't happen but I'd rather have decent follicles then risk going in and wasting time and money on retrieving nothing!

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    356
    Thanks
    120
    Thanked
    117
    Reviews
    0
    Ooh I'm not looking forward to those orgalutrans!! I have another week of puregon to build up to it though!

    Two fertilised is better than none fertilised! So good job you!!!

    Is this your first transfer?

    I haven't yet experienced the joys of the two week wait or "vag tabs" hahaha!

    Wishing you all the best for the 15th xxx

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    31
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked
    11
    Reviews
    0
    Thanks SurferGalGC, it is my first transfer. It's weird walking around doing your everyday things thinking that there is an egg in there. I feel like I should just be lying down with my legs in the air so it stays put.

    My kinda gross advice is to stock up on pantyliners for when you do get to the good old 'vag tabs' stage.

    Hope you are ok jess8383. I had lots of follicles but not many eggs so you never know what could happen.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    356
    Thanks
    120
    Thanked
    117
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jess8383 View Post
    Feeling a bit down tonight ultrasound and blood results were not as good as expected. I have 3 follicles on one side and 4 on the other but they are smallish. I've got to have puregon top ups and see how we go. I got told there is a chance they may have to cancel my cycle if I've not reacted well to the top ups. Hopefully that won't happen but I'd rather have decent follicles then risk going in and wasting time and money on retrieving nothing!
    Sorry I missed this post!

    I wonder how the Elonva is different from puregon! So Elonva you take one needle near the beginning of AF and it continues working slowly over the next week?

    I'm taking puregon injections from days 3 of AF until at least my scan next Friday. And introduce the orgalutran on Tuesday.

    I hope the puregon does the trick for you!!! What dose are you taking? Does that mean you will you have another follies scan early next week?

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    356
    Thanks
    120
    Thanked
    117
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Little AJ View Post
    Thanks SurferGalGC, it is my first transfer. It's weird walking around doing your everyday things thinking that there is an egg in there. I feel like I should just be lying down with my legs in the air so it stays put.

    My kinda gross advice is to stock up on pantyliners for when you do get to the good old 'vag tabs' stage.

    Hope you are ok jess8383. I had lots of follicles but not many eggs so you never know what could happen.
    Haha I could imagine!

    I actually went out and bought pantyliners and pads a couple of days ago! So I think I'm prepared for how gross it sounds haha

    Keep my updated and keep the hot tips coming!!

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to SurferGalGC For This Useful Post:

    Little AJ  (04-06-2016)

  10. #39
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    119
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked
    42
    Reviews
    0
    Hi girls,
    its been so nice to catch up on all your posts and to see what is to come in my cycle!
    I have just started day 1 with the gonal f 225 dosage. I have to say it made me feel quite sick but super glad it didnt hurt!
    Little aj great news about your transfer hopefully you embie is busy sticking
    jess fingers and toes crossed for you
    enjoy the weekend x

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beckmilamoo For This Useful Post:

    GM9  (04-06-2016),Little AJ  (04-06-2016)

  12. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    181
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked
    77
    Reviews
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by SurferGalGC View Post
    Sorry I missed this post!

    I wonder how the Elonva is different from puregon! So Elonva you take one needle near the beginning of AF and it continues working slowly over the next week?

    I'm taking puregon injections from days 3 of AF until at least my scan next Friday. And introduce the orgalutran on Tuesday.

    I hope the puregon does the trick for you!!! What dose are you taking? Does that mean you will you have another follies scan early next week?
    Yes a scan and bloods Monday morning. They upped my dose of puregon. The original plan was to have 150mcg, but since I responded relatively poorly to Elonva I'm now doing 200mcg puregon.

    Elonva is just a long acting FSH and can replace a week of puregon depending on the individual. Unfortunately you never know until you start if your protocol is right for you!

    I'm having a very teary day today, I'm spotting heavily almost AF like and have had to ring the after hours number already. It really messes with your mind!


 

Similar Threads

  1. Starting up an app
    By Kazza78 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-02-2016, 23:52
  2. Starting Icsi start next month with genea
    By Muminthecalling in forum IVF
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-09-2015, 12:20
  3. New and starting ivf
    By selenap88 in forum Introductions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 15-06-2015, 14:04

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Boody Organic Bamboo Baby Wear
Softer than your bub's bum Boody Organic Bamboo Baby Wear
Australia's favourite eco brand has delivered a gorgeous baby collection. Made from organic bamboo, Boody's extraordinarily soft and stretchy, skin-friendly tops, bottoms, onesies, bibs and wraps don't 'cost the earth'. Get 20% OFF! Code BUBHUB16.
sales & new stuffsee all
The Health Hub
Give a new mum a fitness boost for Christmas & New Year. Studio-based, small group training sessions - cardio, strength, core, Pilates & boxing. Choice of 16 hrs per week, flexible-arrival feature - bubs & kids welcome! Gift vouchers available.
featured supporter
Transition into Parenthood / Calmbirth Sydney
Julie's Transition into Parenthood and Calmbirth courses for pregnant couples will get you ready, prepared and organised for the wonderful birth of your beautiful new baby. Birth Support Doula training provided in 2017 open to all. Call 0401 265 530
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!