+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I cracked on day 4, lol. Stay strong!

But I most admit I find the time between BTs worse. You're so excited to have a BFP, but not relaxed enough to enjoy it.

Fingers crossed for you! X

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ilex For This Useful Post:

SurferGalGC  (16-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @SurferGalGC
    I totally poas and multiple sticks at that! Im a need to know person and hate suprises and tbh i only poas to prepare myself for a negative result! I was very shocked when I saw the double line lol
    All the best!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beckmilamoo For This Useful Post:

Little AJ  (16-07-2016),SurferGalGC  (16-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have been fairly quiet on here lately, but intermittently check posts.

Congratulations @SurferGalGC on being PUPO.

Almost into single figures for your USS, @Beckmilamoo!!!

AFM, I had my USS on Thursday!!! I have a little blob which has a heartbeat of 156! Quite exciting really. And I think I might be able to feel my uterus starting to pop out above my pubic bone. Kinda starting to feel a bit real now! ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1468655508.459329.jpg

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GM9 For This Useful Post:

bubbles21  (16-07-2016),Little AJ  (16-07-2016),SurferGalGC  (16-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @GM9 i loved your pic!!!!! How exciting are you going to find out the sex? And are you doing any testing?
    Yes our ultrasound is soon ... Scary but daunting at the same time! I have felt so sick today im hoping it passes .. I think this waiting time is worse then any other but fingers crossed all will be well with our blob
    x

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beckmilamoo For This Useful Post:

GM9  (17-07-2016),SurferGalGC  (16-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Beckmilamoo View Post
    @GM9 i loved your pic!!!!! How exciting are you going to find out the sex? And are you doing any testing?
    Yes our ultrasound is soon ... Scary but daunting at the same time! I have felt so sick today im hoping it passes .. I think this waiting time is worse then any other but fingers crossed all will be well with our blob
    x
    Thanks!!! There are so many decisions to make now. I have the option of going for the Panorama or the Harmony tests, which offer slightly different things. I wasn't going to do it because of the cost by my mum offered to pay so we will go halves. The Panorama offers an extra test but not really sure if it will be 100% necessary. The only problem is, it will be through my FS which will also tack on another $215 consultation fee as they will do an USS first to check things out. So is the cost really going to be worth it?? After forking out $12K, is an extra $215 really that much?! Bearing in mind I'm 39 so I'm at higher risk of most things.

As for the sex, I'm in 2 minds. I like the idea of knowing and being able to think about names etc, plus it's a ***** trying to buy gender neutral clothes, but I also like the idea of a surprise!! I'm very good at being indecisive and like others to make decisions for me sometimes! My sister found out the sex of all 3 of her bubs (to the point where she paid for an extra USS to definitely find out the sex of #2!) But for now I'll continue to mull over it. Decisions, decisions!!!

If everything goes smoothly for you, @Beckmilamoo, what are you planning to do?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to GM9 For This Useful Post:

SurferGalGC  (17-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Beckmilamoo View Post
    x
    Thanks!!! There are so many decisions to make now. I have the option of going for the Panorama or the Harmony tests, which offer slightly different things. I wasn't going to do it because of the cost by my mum offered to pay so we will go halves. The Panorama offers an extra test but not really sure if it will be 100% necessary. The only problem is, it will be through my FS which will also tack on another $215 consultation fee as they will do an USS first to check things out. So is the cost really going to be worth it?? After forking out $12K, is an extra $215 really that much?! Bearing in mind I'm 39 so I'm at higher risk of most things.

As for the sex, I'm in 2 minds. I like the idea of knowing and being able to think about names etc, plus it's a ***** trying to buy gender neutral clothes, but I also like the idea of a surprise!! I'm very good at being indecisive and like others to make decisions for me sometimes! My sister found out the sex of all 3 of her bubs (to the point where she paid for an extra USS to definitely find out the sex of #2!) But for now I'll continue to mull over it. Decisions, decisions!!!

If everything goes smoothly for you, @Beckmilamoo, what are you planning to do?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not sure why that posted twice!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @GM9 what do the Harmony and Panorama tests check?

Tough decision on finding out the sex!! My dh is adamant that we're not going to find out. Partly so that I can't spend as much money I think haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Newbie starting icsi cycle Anyone else starting soon?

Sorry to jump into this thread but I'm also curious what the differences are with the tests @GM9. I had the Verfi (same as Harmony, different company) with DS. I'd do it agin for sure for piece of mind, although they do (anecdotally) return false high risk positives which means you need a CVS or an amino to confirm.

We found out. I'm a planner and needed to know. I reckon the only way I'd be ok with waiting is if I already had one of each. If you're unsure you could for the 20 week scan, or have your OB write it down and seal it in an envelope.

To me it's still a surprise whether you find out at 12, 20 or 40 weeks.
    Last edited by ilex; 17-07-2016 at 06:39.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning! @GM9
    There are so many decisions to make now! We are going to test regardless of cost just because having a child with a high additional need would impact our lives dramatically. It frightens me because im a preschool teacher and I have watched other parents go through it. Im not sure what test yet but was thinking the harmony, ultimately I would prefer the CVS but that also comes with risks.

Im also in two minds about finding out the sex I think it would make it easier to know for planning but a suprise would be such a beautiful thing. My partner on the other hand wants to know ASAP so thats what we will do lol.

Best of luck! Keep us posted xx