Closed Thread
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TCK View Post
    To call her "my woman" to me seems derogatory. That's why I chose "my Lady" as the term. I didn't really know what else to use.
    I accept you meant well, and have now changed to 'DP'.

'Lady' is just so old fashioned, and a little bit King Arthur!

Maybe this thread could have been alternatively called: The Tale of the Knight who did not want Lustful Knaves to Look Upon his Lady's Ladygarden'.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tiny Danza For This Useful Post:

BettyV  (29-05-2016),BettyW  (30-05-2016),delirium  (29-05-2016),JR03  (30-05-2016),mummymaybe  (29-05-2016),smallpotatoes  (29-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Danza View Post
    I accept you meant well, and have now changed to 'DP'.

'Lady' is just so old fashioned, and a little bit King Arthur!

Maybe this thread could have been alternatively called: The Tale of the Knight who did not want Lustful Knaves to Look Upon his Lady's Ladygarden'.
    You make me laugh.

It is old fashioned. Whilst to know me you would not believe, but I still open doors, draw back a chair and vacate my own when I see the requirement.

I could have written the post using 'my Woman' or 'my Missus' or 'the Missus'.

But I instead chose to use 'my Lady' as an abbreviation to 'my lady friend' but capitalised as a sign of respect.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TCK For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (29-05-2016),Tiny Danza  (29-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You could have written "my wife"

Sent from my SM-N910G using The Bub Hub mobile app

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to J37 For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (30-05-2016),Full House  (29-05-2016),GlitterFarts  (30-05-2016),VicPark  (30-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I admit i found the comment regarding ' shoving fingers in' horrific.

I have had gynae issues since a young teen, so have had multiple investigations and procedures, but the way that was described made me feel dirty.

I have a geniune question for the OP - what would your opinion be if the healthcare provider caring for your partner was a lesbian?

I ask out of genuine curiosity. I am a nurse, & just happen to be a lesbian too. I do pap smears, breast exams, and have done a lot of work with women who have had reconstructive breast operations after mastectomies.

But it is my job. It's my job to make the patient comfortable during a process we all know is often outside of the general comfort zone of people.

At no stage would i think anything inappropriate about any of the patients i work with.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kazzy36 For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (29-05-2016),Gagingi  (30-05-2016),Gentoo  (29-05-2016),Olive Oil  (30-05-2016),Silver flute  (29-05-2016),VicPark  (29-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazzy36 View Post
    I admit i found the comment regarding ' shoving fingers in' horrific.

I have had gynae issues since a young teen, so have had multiple investigations and procedures, but the way that was described made me feel dirty.

I have a geniune question for the OP - what would your opinion be if the healthcare provider caring for your partner was a lesbian?

I ask out of genuine curiosity. I am a nurse, & just happen to be a lesbian too. I do pap smears, breast exams, and have done a lot of work with women who have had reconstructive breast operations after mastectomies.

But it is my job. It's my job to make the patient comfortable during a process we all know is often outside of the general comfort zone of people.

At no stage would i think anything inappropriate about any of the patients i work with.
    I like your question here. This should be an interesting answering. I think he needs to get over personally. No wonder he has gone through so many failed relationships. And he's been on Bub hub all day talking to women. Seems like he has no life but only wants to chat to women he doesn't know and will never know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babybeeno1 View Post
    I like your question here. This should be an interesting answering. I think he needs to get over personally. No wonder he has gone through so many failed relationships. And he's been on Bub hub all day talking to women. Seems like he has no life but only wants to chat to women he doesn't know and will never know.
    Just a little harsh. This forum is open to men too - unfortunately it is not used often by men. I suspect they get scared off by comments that are just plain mean.

The OP has the choice to see someone about his feelings. Feelings are real. And come from a real place. It is not something to 'get over'. What is important is realising you need help and asking for help.

I am glad he asked for help and advice. Yes, some of the things that he said was shocking - and he probably realises this but this is his thoughts/feelings and he was brutally honest. So were we. And from where this started to where it ended I hope that something good will come of this situation as the OP knows it is not ok.

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (29-05-2016),bpac  (29-05-2016),deku  (29-05-2016),harvs  (29-05-2016),Lincolns mummy  (29-05-2016),M'LadyEm  (29-05-2016),TableDancer  (30-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by babybeeno1 View Post

No doubt if this was your husband/partner going through this same experience and it had bought up the same feelings etc for him regardless of whether or not anybody else understands them or not, regardless of the fact you or anybody else are shocked at hearing what they are or not, I just bet my bottom dollar if you found out he had taken it upon himself to reach out for help to other people on a parenting forum and had shown some insight into why he was feeling the way he was feeling and recognised he needed help to deal with those feelings and was more than willing to get it, you'd be nothing but loving and supportive toward him wouldn't you??

You wouldn't be treating him with derision ,castigating him and minimising his feelings I'm sure. Yeah...it would be an entirely different story as per if the shoe was on the other foot.
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 29-05-2016 at 22:00.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

M'LadyEm  (29-05-2016),TheGooch  (29-05-2016),twinklify  (29-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Another nurse chiming in here. OP, as a healthcare practitioner I have seen more sexual organs than most prostitutes! I cannot ever imagine having sexual feelings about any of my patients...there is NOTHING sexy about sexual organs in a non-sexual setting (say that 3 times fast!) Most Doctors and Nurses work damn hard in a difficult job -a job that takes us away from our families at night, on weekends etc etc so we can be there for the people you care about. I doubt many of us come to work for a grope and an ogle. The poor guy was probably concentrating furiously on trying to learn the procedure, not on your wife's lady bits. I think you need to realise that your wife is just another patient to the staff at the clinic - you are attaching far too much importance to an exam/procedure that is routine. Surely you knew vaginal access would be required? You need to address this control/over -sexualisation issue before kids come along, because they will change the dynamic of your life and marriage in a way that nothing can prepare you for😀

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Silver flute For This Useful Post:

Kazzy36  (30-05-2016),Olive Oil  (30-05-2016),PomPoms  (29-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would have been so angry and embarrassed if my husband acted the way you did. Your wife must be very tolerant.

It's your job to support your wife through these tough examinations. She deserves that. It's about her not you. My husband has been my rock during examinations and he has had no issue with male Drs, it's a non-issue.

No male dr is going to look at your wife in a sexual manner, they are there to do their job. An important job and you should be thankful for their help.

Your thoughts and feelings are not rational and I'm glad you recognize that. The next step is to seek help. ASAP for your wife's sake. If you can't man up and be there for your wife without making everyone involved uncomfortable, stay in the waiting room and let your wife take another support person in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post
    No doubt if this was your husband/partner going through this same experience and it had bought up the same feelings etc for him regardless of whether or not anybody else understands them or not, regardless of the fact you or anybody else are shocked at hearing what they are or not, I just bet my bottom dollar if you found out he had taken it upon himself to reach out for help to other people on a parenting forum and had shown some insight into why he was feeling the way he was feeling and recognised he needed help to deal with those feelings and was more than willing to get it, you'd be nothing but loving and supportive toward him wouldn't you??

You wouldn't be treating him with derision ,castigating him and minimising his feelings I'm sure. Yeah...it would be an entirely different story as per if the shoe was on the other foot.
    well I do have a partner and my OB/gyno/fertility has done everything on body and seen more then what my partner has and he has and has never had an issue with it being a guy !! And if he had said one word out of place while I was having appts I would of said bugger off out the room. And he has read these posts and I've asked him want would you do, response to his best mate or mates that have had kids with their partners to see what their thoughts are. If the poster has had this issue only with this partner what is the difference with all of his other partners that he has had relationships with and the ex wife and the doctors that performed D&C on them after the miscarriages he has talked about. If the poster see's everything as sexualisation towards his partner then he has a trust issues with her. He has stated that he only wants to go in the public system because they cannot afford private health insurance, well the public system you get what your given male or female no choice this is also what he needs to realise and if he can't get through that even with counselling then he needs to reconsider having children as the baby could be a girl and what if they get a male paediatrician. Is that going to be controlled aswell. If you want female only and can't get over the male factor in anyway then they will have to go private and have a female OB but there could still be male midvives on duty and there is another issue at hand again