+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hgc not rising or falling

Was wondering if someone may have had the same thing happen to them.
    Im 38 presented at emergency Monday with spotting and cramping a light bleed Monday at the time. They took hgc and it was 11900 I was meant to be 5 weeks and 3 days. With ultra sound they first showed me the gestational sac and said it was up high which was good took measurements and said I had a subchronical hemorage. He then asked to do internal ultra sound I agreed. Asked him to look in case more than 1 sac present. He said no sacs were now present... The dr came in and said nothing was there, I questioned it as he showed me the gestational sac like I said above and she said no he was measuring a clot. Went back to my dr and she referred me to epac unit. More blood test and Thursday my hgc was 11900 again I said no u must of messed up the results, they said no and they have never seen it before stay the same after 72 hrs. So now I have to wait another 7 days for more tests. Has anyone ever had there hgc stay even and not rise or fall?.. I've has no bleeding all week since Tuesday morning and today's Saturday. I've passed nothing and no cramps, ultra sound showed cervix closed and long. Have anyone experienced this??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No experience with your situation sorry, but i would consider a second opinion especially after measuring the sac then saying it was a clot.
    Hopefully someone else can help with the HCG not rising

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would get a scan at a proper ultrasound place. My scans in the hospital were terrible "oh maybe we see something. Maybe not. Cant be sure".
    I was 11 weeks and had fetal demise at 9 weeks. They couldnt see a 9 week fetus on the screen.
    Checked myself out and went to a proper ultrasound place the next day and obviously could see everything in clear detail.
    In regards to bloods i'd go to your GP and get a referral for 2 lots of bloods 72 hours apart and go from there.
    Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I had this happen where the hcg stayed the same over 7 days before starting to rise again. It turned out to be a blighted ovum so sac no baby. I hope it turns out well for you though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Did you have you bloods done at the same pathology? I have heard of this happening when bloods are done at different pathologies as it can be measured different or something.
    Hope this turns out good for you!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Lozz90 For This Useful Post:

giveitago  (28-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you everyone. Yes same pathology because that's correct as I had them done with my dr and they were different. Then the epac unit said they couldn't go off them and needed to replete them at there pathology that's when they come out the same. I'm going to my dr tomorrow to measure them up against hers to see if there are any falls.