+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Weird stains.....what are they

I'm getting these weird stains on clean clothes that have been put away in the wardrobe and drawers. I don't know what is causing them and nothing I've tried will get them out. Just found two more items with them and it's driving me nuts. Can anyone shed some light on these mysterious stains?image.jpgimage.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Could it be rust?
    Are there any exposed nuts or bolts in your drawers?

Thanks
    Reviews
    No definitely not rust.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Some kind of pest/rodent/bug urine?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah maybe but I can't find any evidence if any. Definitely not rodent but bugs is possible but they are sneaky little critters that I can't find and I can't get their stains out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Weird stains.....what are they

The pictures won't open in a large size for me, so hard to see, but if you can't find any evidence of rodent/insect poo, could it be something on the bottom of the draw above dripping onto them? Is it just the top layer of clothes? All in the same draw? Or multiple draws?
    Last edited by Californication; 28-05-2016 at 14:26.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know this sounds quite random, but they couldn't be stains from suncream could they?
    I only ask because I started to notice similar stains on my daughter's clothing, and after much googling, I worked out that an ingredient in the suncream she was using was oxidizing with the minerals in our water (we're on tank water) and causing 'rust' stains on the clothes. I haven't been able to get them out, either

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I was going to suggest sunscreen stains, as pp suggested too. Any random yellowish stains here are nearly always suncream.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Actually looking at your photos up close, they don't really look like suncream stains, yours look a bit oilier. Hmmm, its a mystery.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's not just one place. These come from his chest of drawers but others have been from the hanging section of his wardrobe and also draws I have in his wardrobe. They go in with no stains and come out like this. I'm getting so annoyed with it though, so many good clothes ruined. I have made some progress on these ones though, sprayed with Sards Oil degreaser stain remover rubbed in with a toothbrush and left for an hour then made paste with NappySan Oxy and rubbed that in with the toothbrush, then made a strong solution of NappySan and washing detergent and soaking in that rubbing with a tooth brush every couple of hours. It's getting lighter so will leave over night and dry in the sun. Fingers crossed I can save them even for preschool clothes.