+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default What would you tell 16 year old you

Gosh I agree with everyone!

I just wished I'd put half my pay into a savings account and not spent it (I lived at home till 30) and didn't pay rent, just spent it stupidly
    (Holidays were the exception)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Try harder at school, don't get court up in boys and drama.

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Forget about what society thinks - do your own thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had to think about this, life is pretty good right now so I wouldn't want to give my past self advice that would mess with the timeline too much :P (as much as I would like to have changed my major and not wasted years on useless boyfriends!)

So I would say…
    You are not fat or ugly! Stop stressing about your body and just go wear a bikini at the beach.*
    But if you do - wear sunscreen!
    And never feel bad about all the casual sex you're going to have in the next few years, because when you're (happily) married you'll look back on those times of being single and carefree with much fondness, so make the most of it.

*I suspect me in another 15 years would give the same advice to present 30 year old me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    You made the right choice for ditching all of your friends of 10+ years because they got into drugs. Yes you have no close school friends but this isn't the end of the world, by leaving your old friends you will meet your best friend who will be by your side throughout your adult life. It will also encourage you to get closer to other friends outside of school who you will form (hopefully) life long friendships with.

Treat your parents better, you don't see the point of keeping your bedroom clean and bed made but your parents are proud of what they have worked so hard to achieve, so respect them and their home. And while we're at it, do some damn housework. Would it kill you to vacuum the house without complaining so much?! 😂

Thanks
    Reviews
    You are beautiful the way you are. Hold your head high and be confident, don't worry about what people think of you.
    Embrace your height.
    Be true to yourself and do what makes you happy.
    Your parents are smarter than you think.
    Save some money!
    You are smarter than you think. You might not know what you want to do when you're older and that's ok. When you do decide, back yourself and go for it whole heartedly.
    Don't drive so fast.
    Enjoy the last few years of being carefree.
    Nap when you're tired.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't diet. Ever.
    Loose fitting clothes are not flattering.
    Stick to blonde hair. Dark doesn't suit you.
    Keep doing the sports you love, forget the gym.

Buy a property now! Beg borrow steal if you have to! Prices will triple between 2000-2002, you'll make hundreds of thousands!

Get your teeth fixed while mum & dad are paying for it.

Don't worry about boys. Those you admire from a distance and are too scared to talk to will be begging for your attention in 10 years time.

Make the most of your time when you travel. And don't make decisions based around your boyfriend at the time, no matter how love sick you are.

Consider a career change in your 20s, go back to uni if necessary.

Wearing heels everyday will ruin your feet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    year 12 exams aren't everything. you're still a baby with time on your side. don't succumb to pressure to decide what you want to be when you grow up/what you want to study at uni right now. take your time, find yourself, then decide!

save save save!! enjoy your youth but put something aside for when you're a bit older!

travel now! don't sit round in a small town with a small town mentality! see the world!

invest! shares, property, etc. probably property! beg, borrow, steal - do whatever it takes and buy a crappy unit in Perth. then sit tight, the mining boom will see property prices soar. you'll be set for life.

stop stressing about boys and losing your virginity!! I know you want it gone but it's honestly no big deal. I know you feel like an unattractive church mouse now but boys will be begging for your attention in a year or 2. this "ugly" phase is short lived.

you're prettier than you realise. lose the shy girl mentality and own it sister! you have more power than you realise.

get a goddamn job. don't wait til 18 to start making money. start being independent now. don't take no for an answer, your parents are just over protective and scared to let you spread your wings. having a weekend job will not interfere with your studies!!

peer pressure is for idiots. tell your best friend to stop hating on your family. she's actually very jealous you have 2 loving parents who are still together and you have a place in your home whilst she is shunted around town and her mum can't even give her her own bedroom at her house.

the year 12 ball will be the worst night of your life. save yourself the embarrassment and humiliation now and don't go. honestly, you'll be missing nothing.

get IPL on your vj now. it'll save you years of hair removal heartache (and time!!) in years to come. yes it's expensive but it'll be an investment!

get plastic surgery on the bits that bother you. if they bother you at 22, they'll bother you at 35. save yourself years of self consciousness and sh.tty photos and just get it done young. no it's not vanity and insecurity. it's ok to fix bits you hate. life is too short to worry about crappy photos and bad angles.

there'll be this thing called the Internet. invent a thing where people can create profiles of themselves and upload photos and share how they're feeling and add eachother as friends. you'll make billions 😉

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

Marchbundle  (14-08-2016),Reneeharry  (29-05-2016),sunnygirl79  (29-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't second guess yourself - you have good instincts, use them.
    Start seeing a councillor now - 10 years of being bullied is going to cause you issues & will haunt you for years to come. Move some of that negativity out of your head now. None of those people matter & yes it is hard as you have to be at school with them now but you have your life ahead of you without them.
    Save, save, save!! Get into better habits now.
    Do what you really love, not just like. Design, not banking is what you will be wanting to do in 15 years.
    Keep up with tennis & golf & swimming. Make time. Your body type needs exercise to keep healthy & you do enjoy it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Work harder at school and find a way to get to uni, become something.