+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    This is to my 17 year old self...

That guy you're so head over heels in love with, he's not the be all and end all, he's just one guy, your first love is just that, your first. There will be others. Stop wasting time and energy on him, stop skipping school to be with him, study and fulfil your potential. Then go to uni.

I thought I couldn't live without this guy, so when I chose him over school and then uni, only for the whole relationship to fizzle out when I was 20, well, I have lived with major regrets my whole life, because of this guy and the decisions I made in order to be with him..

Thanks
    Reviews
    To do what you love even if no one thinks you can succeed. Back yourself
    To not let fear stop you experiencing life.
    All these things im trying to instill into my kids

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Materialistic things don't matter, and never get you anywhere! I did really well for myself but still think things would have been so different if I didn't want the best of everything!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BabyG4 For This Useful Post:

Cevapa  (28-05-2016),VicPark  (28-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Have a gap year after highschool and go on a working holiday through Europe. Don't wait until you're older and tied down to travel (still fun - just not the same in terms of opportunities for meeting new people).

Thanks
    Reviews

Default What would you tell 16 year old you

That guy you're in love with who's already been messing with you for a year? It's not going to get any better. Walk away. You'll be better for it, otherwise you're in for 2 more years of the same and years of doubting yourself afterwards. (Mind you, even if I was able to say this to myself as a 16 year old, I wouldn't have had the emotional maturity to follow through with it).

You're not fat, at all. Yes you are busty and curvy but you're a size 12! You're not fat! I know most of your peers are slim and fairly curve-less but you.are.not.fat!

You are a much better dancer than you think you are. Your curves don't detract from how well you dance. In ten years you'll look back on your concert and eisteddfod videos and be shocked that you actually look amazing and go step for step with the girls who became professionals. Open your eyes and see it now - everyone else can.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't waste any more time on those "friends" who are mean to you. They aren't your friends, they aren't nice, and you don't need their approval.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SJ565 For This Useful Post:

Wise Enough  (28-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lighten up! Take more chances, have more fun, stop worrying about what everyone else thinks - it will all be okay. And for god's sake, kiss that boy on the bottom of the hall stairs when you get the chance! Even though he's not the love of your life - you'll meet him later and he's amazing - you'll re-live that moment over and over again, wishing you'd been a little bit braver

Thanks
    Reviews
    Study hard for something and stick to it

Tell your mum it's you or your step dad she's not with him in the future

Take care of your brother as he takes care of you when you move out at 16

Travel a little

Your second bf when you're 19 is the guy you marry don't be so hard on him he's young and he eventually grows up

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Reneeharry For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (29-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Enjoy it more, the one person that you think will be there forever will be gone in 2 short years
    dont let the bullies get to you anymore, they're just stupid kids and youre better then that
    it gets better

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't make an idiot of yourself, move on and don't let him see you're heart broken!
    Keep in touch with those friends.
    Don't move out of halls of residence.