+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default How does one get experience

If no one is willing to give you even a little. Im studying acc management and im not even getting a look in as everyone wants min 2 years exp.
    I cant even get an admin role. Why did i even bother studying this course.

End of rant lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have absolutely no idea about your field,but in my line of work, volunteer work is the best way to get 'in'. You build relationship with people, & then when a job opens, they choose you who has proven yourself trustworthy over someone who they dont know. Could you possibly volunteer for a charity organisation or something? Or ask to do unpaid work experience to get some working hours behind you? It's tough 😩 sorry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Its bookkeeping etc . I might just have to give a few not for profit places a call. Have tried accountants etc but all are to busy until aftee the new financial year to have someone volunteer

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default How does one get experience

Are you a registered BAS agent or bookkeeper? Do you have any friends who have small businesses that you could do work for? With end of financial year fast coming up I think you might find this time of year tricky.
    Last edited by ICanDream; 27-05-2016 at 22:15.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mumofgremlins View Post
    If no one is willing to give you even a little. Im studying acc management and im not even getting a look in as everyone wants min 2 years exp.
    I cant even get an admin role. Why did i even bother studying this course.

End of rant lol
    Would LOVE to hand over my husbands bookwork to a keen mum! I have a full time career of my own and this only creates fights in my home.. If u r in Sydney, message me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    No, not bas registered. I have for 6 months completed the books for a friends business but she recently sold so therefore no more work. I am currently working in my old field of work until i can get some work in this area again.

Sorry, i am brisbane based

Thanks
    Reviews
    It would be so much work if you also work full time. I feel for you, i can barely keep house and work full time let alone complete business paperwork

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mumofgremlins View Post
    It would be so much work if you also work full time. I feel for you, i can barely keep house and work full time let alone complete business paperwork
    No don't feel for me. I love my career and you can do both. Of course its impossible to compete with corporate 20 somethings still living at home with their mums, but I guess I care more and comes through in quality and results.

Id be looking for a sole trader and start there. Build your brand this way. Sole trader tradies are your best bet as they may not have time or expertise or time to do their tax. I know alot of very wealthy sole traders with busy wives reluctantly doing their bookwork. So might be a way to go to start. Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for your advice, it was my way of thinking looking for sole traders etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    Same thing is happening to me atm. Ive just finished a Tafe course in Aged care and I'm doing work experience in an awful place. I applied for jobs while doing the course and even emailed places about work experience but they only want experienced people. The interesting thing is, most of the carers in this horrible place are really bad carers. I have to stick out the work experience because this is the only way I'm going to get a good job at the end. I was told the industry is ALWAYS wanted staff but ive not found that at all.

Maybe something like an internship or work experience would be the way to go. I would email every organisation in your field asking for any work experience...that's what ive done. I emailed several different organisations with my resume attached asking if they have any work.