+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I put DD2 in DD1's old shoes that are still ok, but I have a friend that gives me her daughter's old shoes and I think it's kind of gross. They end up in the bin. Unless I had a pair of brand new or close to, I wouldn't pass shoes on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm very picky about secondhand shoes but will use them if I can't see any wear. I figure if the sole looks perfect and the inside doesn't have any moulding from the previous wearer then they shouldn't have a negative impact.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyside View Post
    We personally don't like to put DD in second hand shoes although I know lots of parents who do. I just find that shoes tend to mould to the the shape of individual feet and especially when children are little its not good for their growing feet.
    This. If they haven't even been worn, that's probably fine. But if you can afford to buy new shoes, it's probably best. But I'm really fussy about shoes for DS, feel free to take that with a grain of salt.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amyd View Post
    I'm very picky about secondhand shoes but will use them if I can't see any wear. I figure if the sole looks perfect and the inside doesn't have any moulding from the previous wearer then they shouldn't have a negative impact.
    This. Although haven't actually had any shoes given to us but used a pair or two from DS for DD. They were barely used and we're fine for daycare shoes for DD.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We get loads of hand me down shoes in varying conditions. I throw out the trashed ones but don't have an issue with ones that are worn. My DD doesn't spend enough time in any shoes apart from her shoes for day care to be concerned. I also have a fairly low 'ick' factor so doesn't gross me out.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to YeahYeahYeah For This Useful Post:

littleriv  (27-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hello! We do second hand shoes as all our shoes go down through sibblings. I reckon its okay.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it depends on the type of shoe. A flat Sandle or baby shoes pre walking are fine imo but i wouldnt re use a pair of joggers or fitted shoes given they might mould to the previous feet. But in saying that if they have barely been warn i doubt the shoe itself would have changed much if any at all so i would personally use those ones.