+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Front yard and toddler

So we have no back yard. We have a patio area but it's right at the back of the house and not fully fenced. So no outdoor space that a 2 year old could play unsupervised. That's annoying enough but what's really tricky is to access our house we have to walk through our front lawn with the trampoline and grass and little play house and gardening etc. we play out there heaps and its a pretty good space now she's steady but every time we come home from anywhere she wants to stay playing outside. Sometimes I just need to go in for 5 minutes to stick on the washing but she's 2 she doesn't get that yet. So there's tantrums and crying and me hating our house more and more.
    Anyone have the same thing? We're inside having breastfeed now, probably won't bother going back out. Feeling so frustrated that this little thing can be such a PITA.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I gather your front yard isn't fenced?

If it was fenced would you feel comfortable leaving her out there alone while you nip in and out of the house?

Maybe get some fencing quotes if it's manageable?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to yadot For This Useful Post:

Freyamum  (27-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by yadot View Post
    So I gather your front yard isn't fenced?

If it was fenced would you feel comfortable leaving her out there alone while you nip in and out of the house?

Maybe get some fencing quotes if it's manageable?
    The shape isn't really right for a fence. Hard to explain but we border neighbours on both sides with no fences so it would be a LOT of fence. I've certainly thought about it! Dp wouldn't go for it as he doesn't think there's an issue and older kids are fine / trying to fence would make access harder for them

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would look into fencing part of it. Our yard has a separately fenced courtyard on one side with a living area window overlooking it. We also have a fenced backyard but it's right at the back. My almost 3yo and 8yo are perfectly content in the small yard. I set up a "potting bench" that they use to make all their mud potions, a sandpit and other bits and pieces. They just potter away, happy to be outside.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretched View Post
    I would look into fencing part of it. Our yard has a separately fenced courtyard on one side with a living area window overlooking it. We also have a fenced backyard but it's right at the back. My almost 3yo and 8yo are perfectly content in the small yard. I set up a "potting bench" that they use to make all their mud potions, a sandpit and other bits and pieces. They just potter away, happy to be outside.
    Agree with this. We did this at our last home. Fenced off a section that was in front of the main living room windows/glass doors. It meant DS2 could play safely (was a 6 foot privacy fence with no external access) and I could easily keep my eyes on him when I needed to be inside.