ASD/add/ADHD | Page 2 | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Nah i know my kid hes not bored....

We do things all week etc.

We are booked in for assessment on 23rd June $1320 later!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Glad to hear you're booked in @monnie24 - ouch regarding the cost of the assessment though!

Let us know how you go.

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    $1320. my goodness. Is there any medicare refund for that charge.? I hope you do get a through examination for that !! hugs, marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have check our phi v's Medicare who will fund more w shave top cover with bupa. I am so sick of not being able keep a savings account

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We went private when my son was 3 . He had a difficult birth and never slept . He used to bite and hurt his brother ,scream, couldn't talk or comprehend language , he was in nappies until 4 , he would go crazy if we couldn't find a certain item . He carried and slept with a cheese grater for 6 months , he was so stressful , out of control but beautiful boy who we all love but bloody hell it was terrible as well. He was diagnosed with high functioning autism . He is now 7.5 years old . A sweet heart . Beautiful to his brother , pain to his sister but no longer violent . Talking . Joking. Being brilliant at something's , behind in others . But it's got easier .

Diet is a big thing with many kids . If you can afford it I would also see a good natropath/ dietician who specialize in kids on the spectrum and talk about food sensitivity testing / gut health. Also my son got tested for pyrroles disorder which means he has issues with zinc ( retaining it) .

I hope you find some answers . There was a period of time for me when I couldn't leave the house , had to protect my younger son all day and never slept . It was hell and I felt like I was going to have a heart attack . But life is not that way anymore . We have a sweet heart with challenges who still freaks out but is mostly calm .

Wishing you lots of luck . Xxx