+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My daughter's 3.5 and she's only recently started interacting with other young kids. She still won't talk to them (except for her brother and cousin). Certainly no friends to speak of.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 2yo has none! DD talks about kids she plays with at day care but doesn't socialize with them outside of that. Her friends are kids of our friends & mothers group & cousins. I would have thought that was the norm?

It's parallel play up until 3 anyway isn't it?

Your LO is definitely not missing out!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My 2 yo can't even say his own name let alone make "friends".. Loves his cousin and doesn't beat up the mothers group kids (plays nice) but I just don't think he makes the association of friends

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    None that I know of. But there is always someone calling his name out when i drop him off at childcare. I think he is too young to understand friends.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    None. 2 yr old don't normally have the developmental ability to form strong friendships. They play with whoever is available at the time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    My 4th is 2.

Ask her and she has eleventy million friends. Ask any of them and they'd stare at you oddly.

Her friends are random people she meets in playgrounds and never sees again or her siblings friends who like her but mainly because she's a cute 2 year old.

No she has no friends.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

JustJaq  (28-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 2 year old has 4 friends. He happily plays with anyone though. He only has a close relationship with these 4 kids because we still catch up for mothers group regularly, have swimming lessons together on weekend, monthly dinner with the dads and go for weekends away. Long story short these 4 children are as close (if not closer) than most cousins

Thanks
    Reviews
    Where does a 2 year old meet 'friends'? Apart from daycare and the parents friends kids and mothers group, (where they really have no choice) how would a 2 year old have proper friends??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahp83 View Post
    Where does a 2 year old meet 'friends'? Apart from daycare and the parents friends kids and mothers group, (where they really have no choice) how would a 2 year old have proper friends??
    We met a few at little kickers and at our local park , we used to go on certain days regularly and met a mum and her son the same age as DS that were always there at the same time and we are all still friends 5 years later!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No friends his quiet close to his cousin who is 8 months younger then him and plays with kids at daycare but has certainly not formed close friendship and at this age I wouldn't be loosing any sleep over it. Friendships form when they are older.