+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by my2monkeys View Post
    Wow! Thank you so much for your feedback ☺ i am overwhelmed at the prospect of a busier life but neither hubby or I feel done, the whole thing just scares the s#@* out of me!!
    In my experience, you learn to "juggle" when number 2 comes along as you suddenly have to divide attention. You're already a pro by the time number 3 comes along

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hmm let me see. It definitely is tough! My youngest is 5 months. There are just not enough hands or enough time for everyone some days. Particularly when the older two are fighting and I'm trying to get bub to sleep or something.
    My main struggle has been with sleep actually, as bub 3 needs a lot of assistance with this and in the meantime my older two are tearing up the house or coming in interrupting me when she's just going to sleep!!!! Bub gets dragged along wherever we go, and her needs sometimes get ignored for longer than they should do resulting in a cranky or overtired baby. Getting out in the mornings for school can be a nightmare. But I'm finding my rhythmn now and it's getting a bit easier as bub gets older. although many days I feel like my head is going to explode!
    Best bits....they all love each other so much and I feel my family is complete now. So many cuddles and love :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    We weren't sure about going for #3 but the decision was taken out of our hands, and I have been so grateful. We have two boys, 4 and 2, and a girl, almost 9 months. It's been wonderful. The first four or so months were insanely busy, but once we managed to get DD into a bedtime routine that slotted in with the boys, it became much easier. The three of them are so close, it's beautiful.

Yes, it's busy, but DD has completed our family, we love it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by KitiK View Post
    0-1 was the hardest transition. 1-2 was also hard for me, but 2-3 has probably been the easiest transition of all.
    I agree with this. It got busier but the baby thing was easier.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Hamilicious For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (28-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    When number 3 arrived I had a 4 year old and a 2 year old. He was a very cruisy baby and slotted right it. What I found hardest (and still do 1 1/2 years on) is school drop off/pick up. Getting them all ready for the day in a timely manner, clipping them all in their car seats, getting them in and out of the car whilst making sure they don't get run over in the car park. It's a nightmare to be honest. A nightmare that we live through twice a day, 5 days a week. Going anywhere with the 3 of them (supermarket, restaurant/cafe, etc) is very stressful. Now that the littlest is on the move, it's hard keeping an eye on all 3 of then at once at the park for instance. So I will admit there are many times when my heart rate is up and I'm stressed or yelling. However I would be doing that with two children anyway. They are only little for a short time, in the next few years the things that I find hardest now won't be an issue. With two kids at school (one at kinder and one at primary) the party invites have been flowing in and almost every weekend is dominated by another freaking party. I dread to think how busy we will be when the third child starts going to school But I wouldn't change it for anything, having the third has enriched our family beyond measure. The two older ones adore him, we all can't believe how perfect he is for our family. He's so lovely he has made me consider having another

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by my2monkeys View Post
    Wow! Thank you so much for your feedback ☺ i am overwhelmed at the prospect of a busier life but neither hubby or I feel done, the whole thing just scares the s#@* out of me!!
    The thing is, once you're in it you just deal with it. If you and your dp both want another baby then go for it...think about your future...do you see 2 or 3 adult children?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I see 3 adult children, and I can't help but see a baby in the near future, but I am not sure if I can cope with the challenge, my eldest is very emotionally demanding, and I find that more taxing than a physical type of demanding which is what my youngest is, so it would be interesting to see what new dynamic would emerge with #3!! I think my hesitations are more to do with.... Will I cope and do I have the energy!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Unfortunately that's not something you know until you're in the midst of it. When my kids were all little I used to say that I was a better mother to two, and I was. But I don't think that now. I notice the family dynamics are different between my friends depending on whether they have 1, 2, 3, or 4 kids. But that's just how it is.
    If you have three kids your life will be different to what it would be if you stuck with two kids. That's inevitable. Even if no. 3 just slots right in to place as a baby. They're not babies for long.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't found the transition to 3 kids all that difficult (our third is 6 months old now). Going from 0-1 was definitely the hardest. My third completes our family and o am so glad we had him. I was tempted to stop at 2, but I think I would have always felt regret. I also kept reading horror stories about how going from 2 to 3 kids turns your world upside down, but I haven't had that experience at all. Its busier but also a lot of fun and I adore watching my 3 interact. I love that they have each other to grow up with

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Barnaby For This Useful Post:

Skye Baby  (29-05-2016)