The good and the bad! | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default The good and the bad!

We are considering quite seriously number 3 and although the desire is there, the reality just about overtakes it! I would like to know your biggest challenges as well as the best bits about going from 2 kids to 3 ☺

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump πŸ˜†

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are in exactly the same space! My head tells me that I am crazy for considering #3. We have two under 3 at the moment. And some days it is hard. Another kid would probably mean my two older ones would have to share a room. And we would have to get new cars. Things would be harder financially (although I believe we would be fine just need to budget more).

But my heart says - I'm just not finished having babies!! I feel clucky ALL THE TIME. I cannot possibly imagine not having another baby. When I consider never being pregnant or giving birth again, my eyes well up. I love babies. I love being a mum.

DH is unsure. He is leaning more towards no. I think he just feels it will be so much effort. But I look at friends who have 3, and esp once they are passed the baby stage it seems manageable. And none of them have expressed any regret to me.

So yeah, I can't be any help to you! But I do totally get what you're feeling.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi there, i found 2 under 18mths much tougher than going to the 3rd, because when she was born the first two were older and at school and past the toddler stage. With 3 the logistics and organising is harder, its more expensive ( daycare etc ) and we often have to split up to do activities. But none of those things would stop me going for a third of course.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are 5 months into our 3rd . The other two kids are 5 and 3. The older two adore their little sister and I wouldn't change it for the world. The only downside so far has been having a baby who doesn't always love the car and having to do school runs twice a day , regardless of whether she is napping needs to feed etc so managing newborn needs in time limits is tricky. Other than that it's been fine we have just found a new groove and routine that meets everyone's needs as best we can.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ashram For This Useful Post:

giveitago  (28-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found having 3, really no different to having two. My husband worked a lot so I was used to juggling already.
    I had 3 under 3 so maybe that was helpful in some regards as I was still in the baby stage so there wasn't a huge change. We were able to keep our car etc.

Fwiw, I now have 4 and they all share a room by choice, I think the sharing a room thing only really comes into play later on when they are older.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I found 2-3 the hardest transition, and our kids are all school age now, but man parents with two kids have it easy! The juggle of getting all your kids to their Sat morning sports when there is more than two is hard. Throw a couple of parties in there and it's a nightmare. I watch our friends with two kids take one kid each and take off. Taxiing your kids everywhere means you can go weeks between watching one child play. We're also at the stage where room sharing isn't so much fun. They have to just deal with it, but there's a lot of extra arguments to deal with.
    The more kids you have = the more expensive it gets. Sure, when they're little it's not too bad...as they get older things add up...sport x 3 kids (important for us for our kids to be involved in sport), school fees/uniforms/excursions x 3 (my oldest has a school excursion this year that is costing us $450 - my kids go to a public school), and hand me downs become 'I'm not wearing that' when you have pre-teens with completely different tastes in clothes.
    I'm not saying don't do it. We love all of our children deeply and don't regret not stopping at 2. But don't be naive and kid yourself in to thinking it will only be a challenge once you get past the baby stage. There are extra challenges the whole way through their life. Those challenges aren't enough to not have one if it's what you desperately want. But prepare for having less time for yourself, more expenses, a messier house, a never ending washing pile, less people offering to babysit and spending their teen and pre-teen years feeling like nothing more than a taxi service πŸ˜€

Thanks
    Reviews
    0-1 was the hardest transition. 1-2 was also hard for me, but 2-3 has probably been the easiest transition of all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there,

We had three under three and it was tough for the first few months of number 3, however I didn't find it a hard as when I had my second with only a 15 month gap. When. I had number three the older two could play, distract each other while I needed to tend to the baby. Also my oldest one who was almost three could take direction and the second just followed her.

We are newly pregnant with number four, so will have four under 5. All at home as my oldest just missed the cut off for school for her year. I a totally looking forward to the challenge. I love a busy house, sure it's always busy, crazy but soooooo much fun. I have a very good night routine so I just go hard with the kids all day and then 6:30 everyone is in bed and by 7 I have finished all house jobs s then I have time for myself, or with the husband. We have totally adapted to running on less sleep.
    I believe a good relationship between you and husband/ partner is important if you have a lot young, communication and acknowledging and appreciating what the other does ( not getting jealous or reset full)

Also acceptance of what your day is like and then moving forward, so my older two don't have naps anymore, they get to watch a movie for an hour. I enjoy that hour where they are distracted and then I just wear them out for bed, no troubles at bed time.

Feel free to ask any questions if you like?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow! Thank you so much for your feedback ☺ i am overwhelmed at the prospect of a busier life but neither hubby or I feel done, the whole thing just scares the s#@* out of me!!