+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Helpppp

Hii
    I am expecting my 3rd child, i've never had this issue with my other pregnancies so i am curious if anyone else has and how to go about it.

I went to my doctor 2weeks after my first blood test to talk about hospitals, i requested a hospital i know is great for my needs and 20min drive away, she refuses to refer me to that hospital but instead is sending me to a hospital 40mins away and that i have had bad experience at with personal sickness; i was telling her i need a close hospital both of my last pregnancies i didnt know i was in labour and made it in time to the hospital for my waters to break and start crowning. I dont know what to do. I also have shorten cervix which requires hospital stay or stich, my friends have not recommended this hospital for me either

Also my doctor refuses to give me a referral for a dating ultrasound and told me to wait and go for my 12week ultrasound **mind you she told me i was 7 and half weeks pregnant and the ultrasound was like to me no your two days away from 7weeks**

What do i do ?! I already feel so stressed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Try a different doctor. Your one sounds awful.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to witherwings For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (27-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I want to but i need to know if i need a stich asap thats the only thing stopping me, fact it took her 2weeks to get my blood test back already making me stress

I dont want to as they have told me "drop the baby" because i changed and didnt get my cervix measured asap

Thanks
    Reviews
    Are you talking about an obstetrician or GP? Either way, you need a new dr. If this is an OB they might not have practicing rights at the closer hospital. You will need to find one who does. When you call tell them about the stitch and that you need to be seen asap. If the dr is a Gp then run for the hills. It shouldn't fake that long for test results and they have no say in what hospital you choose (unless perhaps the closer one is private and you don't have cover?)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Once Upon a Time For This Useful Post:

Oshii  (27-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    What state are you in? I don't know about other ones but here in NSW I always got referred to the hospital that my address fell into the zone for. (Public). Even if there was one that was technically closer. For my third pregnancy I went as a public patient in a private hospital and paid out of pocket for an OB (weird arrangement) as I refused to go to the public hospital they referred me to.

As for the other stuff, I would absolutely find a different doctor. Tell them the urgency with the stitch and they should be accommodating

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ahalfdozen For This Useful Post:

Oshii  (27-05-2016),sproutx3  (27-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies

Its public hospital as private patient, i live in casey council area and the hospital i want is in casey but there is another in casey

But she is sending me outside casey area.

The blood tests where marked urgent. Its a Doctor, she has always been fantasic but she just stressing me about this, i spoke to my partner his going to see which female doctors are around us and are good **sister inlaws have had doctors around these areas i havnt**

Do you know if there is a way to get a dating scan without the doctor?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is there a possibility the local hospital only takes low-risk patients? I know to get into Kilmore, north of Melbourne there was a lot of requirements I had to meet, and I could be referred to northern at any time. You mentioned a short cervix so I suspect that might be the case

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I do believe Casey don't manage high risk, have you been referred to Monash?

Secondly, Casey, Dandenong and Monash are all "Monash group" hospitals and I believe you get referred to the "group" then they determine your hospital. You can also expect scans to be at all 3 sites depending on availability.