My DS is about to turn 3, he can:
- dress himself (except zippers & buttons). He still comes out wearing his undies as a belt sometimes, but most of the time he's pretty good.
- brush his teeth, he loves the flavour so he's always been keen to do it. We just do a thorough job after he's had his go.
- can't wipe his bum. He tried the other day (oh god, poop everywhere!! Ended in a shower and the bathroom needing to be cleaned).
- Loves to play with the vacuum, but the second its turned on he runs away crying and hides.
- Takes his finished plate, puts scraps in the bin and puts plate in the sink...We're in shock, we never taught him this! Must have picked it up at daycare?
- make bed, heck no!
- wash hair, definitely not! He hates it.
- Help with chores, he likes to try to help, but he's not very helpful...
But his speech is a bit behind the curve, he can't count, doesn't know colours.
All kids just develop at different rates in different areas. My DS is very physical, so does well in those areas, but getting him to sit and learn something - no chance!