+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default I tipped out my husbands alcohol.

I just tipped out my husbands alcohol. It's ruining our marriage, we have been through counseling, arguments, compromises.... long history etc etc but I never touched his alcohol. Today I grabbed the bottle and tipped it all out.

What should I do now???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    no advice but big hugs. I hope things work out for you.

he's not likely to get aggressive because his grog is gone is he? X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Simple. Tell him it's you or alcohol.
    That's the answer you want. If he chooses alcohol you know where you stand.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Aquillah For This Useful Post:

kim85  (27-05-2016)

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I hope he realises that you are only wanting to make him see what harm the alcohol is doing to you and to your marriage. Have you contacted Al anon. It is a support organisation for the family members of alcoholics. I can totally understand why you have done this, and I really hope your partner sees the seriousness of the situation. I wish you all the best. , hugs marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I told him this last year and he said me. within 3 months he changed his mind said he was leaving because he doesn't want his identity taken away from him. So now he has this alcohol and ME.... he is having his cake and eating it too. I think I did this hoping he would give me a good enough excuse to leave.

No he will not hit me. But he might get very cranky and hate me. He might yell but probably not coz that would upset the kids

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    What should you do? Explain to him that you have done this out of frustration. You are desperate for him to change and you don't know how to get through to him.

Sounds like you've tried a lot of techniques already to try and curb his alcoholism, but unfortunately it is him who needs to be the one to wake up and take action. You can't nag him into it (sadly) and booze can easily be replaced.

I'm sorry you are dealing with this, it must be really tough

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (25-05-2016)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    I too understand how you got to this point.

I imagine he will panic and possibly lash out at you as a first response. Stay calm, keep reminding him that you love him and you are here to help him if he gets help.

In my experience addicts need to decide for themselves to stop to have any success, so I expect things may be tricky at first. After all, it ultimately is his choice to seek help or not (still reinforcing I understand your actions totally).

But I think what you have done should really show him how seriously you are feeling this is an issue.

Maybe you could write down all of the reasons you have done this for him to go and read when he is calm?

Good luck OP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the responses. I have done all that, talks, emails, explaining. But he always tries to convince me that it's not that bad and justify it by talking about how much other people drink compared to him.

The think is I can't sleep in the same bed as him anymore.

We have a house together and two kids, one is starting school next year. A lot is at stake.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think I will one more time tell me that it's Me or the Alcohol. This time if he continues to drink then It will truly be over.

He will blame me for ruining our marriage.

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    The truth is, alcoholics can only help themselves when they admit they have a problem. They have to want to accept help, and have to know that they need help. Life will be better for you and your children without him, or with him and without the alcohol. You are being strong and doing what needs to be done. hugs, marie.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SuperGranny For This Useful Post:

shazzars  (25-05-2016),SSecret Squirrel  (25-05-2016),~Marigold~  (25-05-2016)