+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thank-you all so much for your answers, I really appreciate it Well that's great to hear that time doesn't really affect the frozen embryos. All of this thinking has made me realise I'd love to do our next transfer sooner rather than later but of course it will come down to money & how much leave I will have owing at work.

Lileitak, good luck for your transfer next month! That's very exciting & I hope it goes really well for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky27 View Post
    Thank-you all so much for your answers, I really appreciate it Well that's great to hear that time doesn't really affect the frozen embryos. All of this thinking has made me realise I'd love to do our next transfer sooner rather than later but of course it will come down to money & how much leave I will have owing at work.

Lileitak, good luck for your transfer next month! That's very exciting & I hope it goes really well for you
    Thank you! I'm anxious but hopeful one of the four we have will thaw and stick. Fingers crossed.

And good luck when you do go back!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lileitak View Post
    Thank you! I'm anxious but hopeful one of the four we have will thaw and stick. Fingers crossed.

And good luck when you do go back!
    Oh I have my fingers & toes crossed for you!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Rocky27 For This Useful Post:

ilex  (27-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I read recently that the laws differ from state to state. I have 2 friends from QLD both doing Ivf with different clinics and both can only keep theirs for 5 years. I don't think it's very restricted in NSW as we were allowed to put down any amount of years for ours when we first started. We just up down the default number of 10 but our clinic said they would notify us just before the time is up so we could extend it as necessary. They said some clients just keep extending as they can't bear to let them go.

As for me, we were extremely lucky to get our DD from our first Ivf, she was our fresh transfer. We also got 4 blasts from her cycle. We did a FET 6mths ago, which resulted in an ectopic pregnancy. I like to think of it as just being unlucky that it ended up in the wrong spot although I know I'll never I know what would have happened had it not travelled before implanting. We recently did our second FET and lost an embryo in the thaw. That FET was a bfn but I had a blood test in my 2ww, which revealed low proegesterone. Both FETs were unmedicated. We are now unfortunately down to our last embryo and feel like there's a lot riding on this little one. We really didn't think we would be in this position, given we were first time lucky, I think we naively thought at least 1 out of 4 would work (I really thought we'd even have left overs). There's still hope for that last one and that's what I try to think about and I've almost talked my FS into making it a medicated FET, even though I don't have any known issues.

all the best lileitak, I sincerely hope you have a better run than me. Unfortunately I'm really starting to realise what this roller coaster is really all about and I can't say that it's ride that I'm enjoying
    Last edited by Annerley; 27-05-2016 at 18:54.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Annerley For This Useful Post:

ilex  (27-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Annerley View Post
    I read recently that the laws differ from state to state. I have 2 friends from QLD both doing Ivf with different clinics and both can only keep theirs for 5 years. I don't think it's very restricted in NSW as we were allowed to put down any amount of years for ours when we first started. We just up down the default number of 10 but our clinic said they would notify us just before the time is up so we could extend it as necessary. They said some clients just keep extending as they can't bear to let them go.

As for me, we were extremely lucky to get our DD from our first Ivf, she was our fresh transfer. We also got 4 blasts from her cycle. We did a FET 6mths ago, which resulted in an ectopic pregnancy. I like to think of it as just being unlucky that it ended up in the wrong spot although I know I'll never I know what would have happened had it not travelled before implanting. We recently did our second FET and lost an embryo in the thaw. That FET was a bfn but I had a blood test in my 2ww, which revealed low proegesterone. Both FETs were unmedicated. We are now unfortunately down to our last embryo and feel like there's a lot riding on this little one. We really didn't think we would be in this position, given we were first time lucky, I think we naively thought at least 1 out of 4 would work (I really thought we'd even have left overs). There's still hope for that last one and that's what I try to think about and I've almost talked my FS into making it a medicated FET, even though I don't have any known issues.

all the best lileitak, I sincerely hope you have a better run than me. Unfortunately I'm really starting to realise what this roller coaster is really all about and I can't say that it's ride that I'm enjoying
    I'm so sorry to hear that hun!

I'm opening to doing another cycle, but I'd be close to 37 before we would realistically do it which is the worry. I don't want to back eggs just in case, I'd be gutted to have to destroy embryos unnecessarily.

Do you have the option to do anything cycle?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ilex For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (27-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes we can do another if it comes to that, im 31 and apparently our only issue is MFI. I'm trying so hard to not think too far ahead and to enjoy our time now with DD and be as positive a possible for this last embryo in the hopes that we don't have to start over. It's really hard to not think about though, especially since I'm a huge planner. I can only hope that this last one is the one but also remind myself that if it isn't the one then we can try again. I guess, like all ivf'ers I'm just really hoping I can avoid another stim. I just truly thought I'd get away with completing our family from one cycle based on our initial result. There's still hope of that though, I need to remember that.

I hope one of your 4 becomes your second miracle bundle xx
    Last edited by Annerley; 27-05-2016 at 21:57.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Annerley For This Useful Post:

ilex  (28-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Annerley View Post
    Yes we can do another if it comes to that, im 31 and apparently our only issue is MFI. I'm trying so hard to not think too far ahead and to enjoy our time now with DD and be as positive a possible for this last embryo in the hopes that we don't have to start over. It's really hard to not think about though, especially since I'm a huge planner. I can only hope that this last one is the one but also remind myself that if it isn't the one then we can try again. I guess, like all ivf'ers I'm just really hoping I can avoid another stim. I just truly thought I'd get away with completing our family from one cycle based on our initial result. There's still hope of that though, I need to remember that.

I hope one of your 4 becomes your second miracle bundle xx
    Thank you! 😘

SpotTheOcelot is offline 'Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I had 2 frozen from a fresh cycle when I was the ripe old age of 40. I then had one of the frosties PGD tested and confirmed normal when I was 43 and she is now 17 months old and happily shrieking away at me from her cot

13. The Following User Says Thank You to SpotTheOcelot For This Useful Post:

ilex  (29-05-2016)