+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thescientist View Post
    Yeah the place I'm looking at is $440 but I think it's worth it
    I think it is also. wish i could of got my results but my 12wk scan and additional bloods came back very very low risk. Just have to wait until out 20wk scan to find out the sex.
    Last edited by Chyna; 31-05-2016 at 06:31.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, I just wanted a bit of advice, um tossing up wether to go to OB (private) or midwife clinic (public).
    What are your experiences-pros/cons?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Britt1989 View Post
    Hi ladies, I just wanted a bit of advice, um tossing up wether to go to OB (private) or midwife clinic (public).
    I haven't had a baby yet, but I'm going with midwives hopefully at a birth centre because I want minimal intervention and a not so clinical environment. I guess it depends on what sort of birth you want!

Yay I got my 3+ today. I was trying to hold out until 5 weeks so that I would def get a. 3+ and not have to buy another one but I caved and tested this morning at 4w6d... But I'm super happy with that
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1464645847.108394.jpg

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Thescientist For This Useful Post:

Britt1989  (31-05-2016),greenapples  (31-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I went private with DD. I liked having the same ob for all appointments (except when she was on leave), my ob did a scan at every appointment which was reassuring. I didn't want to have a baby and be sent home within 24 hours. The birthing suites at the hospital I went to were lovely, not clinical at all. Some had baths,though I had no desire to be in a bath

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lil Smurfy For This Useful Post:

Britt1989  (31-05-2016),Chyna  (01-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post
    I went private with DD. I liked having the same ob for all appointments (except when she was on leave), my ob did a scan at every appointment which was reassuring. I didn't want to have a baby and be sent home within 24 hours. The birthing suites at the hospital I went to were lovely, not clinical at all. Some had baths,though I had no desire to be in a bath
    Thanks @Lil Smurfy.
    That's where I'm coming from too - I like the idea of seeing the same person all the way through. I feel more comfortable with an OB but some people have suggested it's a bit extravagant for a low risk preg when there are perfectly good midwives "that will do the same job for free".
    Thanks for your input too @the scientist, I live remotely so do t have the option of a birthing centre

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Moved over from ttc Feb, April and May

Thanks @Lil Smurfy.
    That's where I'm coming from too - I like the idea of seeing the same person all the way through. I feel more comfortable with an OB but some people have suggested it's a bit extravagant for a low risk preg when there are perfectly good midwives "that will do the same job for free".
    Thanks for your input too @the scientist, I live remotely so do t have the option of a birthing centre
    Haha I like the idea of going home straight after birth. If it was safe I would have a home birth, but I like the idea of the hospital being attached to the birth centre just incase.

I think it really depends on you and what type of birth you want

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Thescientist For This Useful Post:

greenapples  (31-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had public for all three children with midwives, but stayed in hospital to establish feeding etc. I've had really great experiences, fast and uncomplicated births though. Where I live, we see the same midwives and obs so get to know them all.
    Tricky choice go with your gut feeling! Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Thescientist View Post
    I haven't had a baby yet, but I'm going with midwives hopefully at a birth centre because I want minimal intervention and a not so clinical environment. I guess it depends on what sort of birth you want!
    ]
    Same for me. I going to be trying to get into a group midwifery program where there is continuity of care with the same midwife throughout and a guarantee that my specific midwife or one of 2-3 others in her group (who I will also be familiar with) will be at the birth.
    I don't see any reason to pay for private. Mind you, I'm also a first timer so I can't actually give any feedback on how this approach will go!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Wing View Post
    Same for me. I going to be trying to get into a group midwifery program where there is continuity of care with the same midwife throughout and a guarantee that my specific midwife or one of 2-3 others in her group (who I will also be familiar with) will be at the birth.
    I don't see any reason to pay for private. Mind you, I'm also a first timer so I can't actually give any feedback on how this approach will go!
    A group midwifery program sounds great! I wouldn't mind it if I knew that I could get familiar with them and could have that continuity of care. It's hard as a first time mum to know what to do!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Britt1989 For This Useful Post:

Chyna  (01-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My other issue was that the hospital i'm zoned to, is in a dodgy area, and there's no way I'd want to give birth there

I had milk supply issues (which they only discovered on day 3), so was glad to be in hospital. Mostly the midwives were helpful with helping to establish feeding, except for the midwife who told me I was starving my child, and a male midwife who thought 3:00am was a good time to start teaching new breastfeeding positions