+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I can't answer your question about allergies. I hope someone else can help you with that.

As something little and relatively easy to try, have you heard of badger night night balm? It's supposed to be fantastic. I've been meaning to buy it myself, but haven't had the opportunity.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny Dancer For This Useful Post:

peanuthead  (25-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I could have written your post except my DD is 8.5 months. I'm sorry I don't have any advice, I'm obviously doing everything wrong because we're not getting any sleep either, but if it helps at least you know you're not the only one.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ashling For This Useful Post:

peanuthead  (25-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Dancer View Post
    I can't answer your question about allergies. I hope someone else can help you with that.

As something little and relatively easy to try, have you heard of badger night night balm? It's supposed to be fantastic. I've been meaning to buy it myself, but haven't had the opportunity.
    I've never heard of this. Will have to look into it ☺️

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    She had poor weight gain, loose stools, vomiting, gagging, reflux, mucus in stool, colic and a bit of skin irritation

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by maternidade View Post
    She had poor weight gain, loose stools, vomiting, gagging, reflux, mucus in stool, colic and a bit of skin irritation
    Thanks for that info. This sounds less like him. He's stools are normal & he's above average in weight.

I honestly have no idea what to try. How does controlled crying work. I hate the idea of leaving him to cry but at the same time I'm starting to really suffer mentally, I feel depression creeping back in, in cranky all the time. I'm starting to feel resentful toward him and i hate myself for it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by peanuthead View Post
    Thanks for that info. This sounds less like him. He's stools are normal & he's above average in weight.

I honestly have no idea what to try. How does controlled crying work. I hate the idea of leaving him to cry but at the same time I'm starting to really suffer mentally, I feel depression creeping back in, in cranky all the time. I'm starting to feel resentful toward him and i hate myself for it.
    Feel free to pm me if you want to chat about cc. Also have a quick read of my sleep journal as it details day by day what we did, how long he cried before falling asleep etc. As I said when we did it at 5 months it was hell and I thought for sure he was just going to be a bad sleeper for life but now I can't believe how good things are. In just a couple of weeks.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to nh2489 For This Useful Post:

peanuthead  (25-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nh2489 View Post
    Feel free to pm me if you want to chat about cc. Also have a quick read of my sleep journal as it details day by day what we did, how long he cried before falling asleep etc. As I said when we did it at 5 months it was hell and I thought for sure he was just going to be a bad sleeper for life but now I can't believe how good things are. In just a couple of weeks.
    Thank you so much. I just found your journal and I'm going to read through it tonight x

11. The Following User Says Thank You to peanuthead For This Useful Post:

nh2489  (25-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Poor thing

Maybe as a first step take bub to the GP for a check up - just to rule out any medical issues.

A few things for your consideration:
    - consistency is key. The moment you give in (even if 'just once' ) you're back to square one in terms of getting bub to follow a new routine. It's not easy though when you are dealing with night wakings. If you need to have hubby take time off work for a couple of weeks so you can tag team then do that.
    - solids v milk. How is bubs solid and milk intake? At 10 months hunger (not eating enough solids?) could be affecting settling. Too many milk feeds for comfort could affect solid intake.
    - sleep environment . Try and ensure the sleep environment (temp, bedding, any aids, location) is the same at bedtime and through the night. Do not transfer bub after bub falls asleep. If bub is aided to sleep and that aid isn't there past the first sleep cycle/through the night, bub may wake and think 'wtf!' and it's game over red rover. Don't pat until bub is asleep - stop when bub is drowsy. If you have a dummy consider ditching it.
    - timing of day naps: is critical. How's your bubs routine?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Poor thing

Maybe as a first step take bub to the GP for a check up - just to rule out any medical issues.

A few things for your consideration:
    - consistency is key. The moment you give in (even if 'just once' ) you're back to square one in terms of getting bub to follow a new routine. It's not easy though when you are dealing with night wakings. If you need to have hubby take time off work for a couple of weeks so you can tag team then do that.
    - solids v milk. How is bubs solid and milk intake? At 10 months hunger (not eating enough solids?) could be affecting settling. Too many milk feeds for comfort could affect solid intake.
    - sleep environment . Try and ensure the sleep environment (temp, bedding, any aids, location) is the same at bedtime and through the night. Do not transfer bub after bub falls asleep. If bub is aided to sleep and that aid isn't there past the first sleep cycle/through the night, bub may wake and think 'wtf!' and it's game over red rover. Don't pat until bub is asleep - stop when bub is drowsy. If you have a dummy consider ditching it.
    - timing of day naps: is critical. How's your bubs routine?
    We're really all over place to be honest. Our doctor wants to see us Friday, presumably a follow up to sleep school so I'll have a chat to him then. Unfortunately I'm on my own so haven't got anyone to help with the overnight stuff.
    His solids intake is okay. He eats really well at breakfast, okay at lunch and nighttime he's so overtired he usually pitches a fit with his food. We're also trying to transition from puréed/mashed food to finger foods so that hit and miss. We've reduced milk feeds to after solids, so only three a day, compared to the all day buffet it used to be.
    His day naps are all over the place because he won't sleep for long during the day. I need to try and work around school pick up/drop which tends to make things even more difficult.
    We come undone when it comes to staying asleep. I had him at a point where I just had to sit there by his cot for him to go to sleep. But he wakes up and wigs out when I'm not there and then there's the constant battle of resettling etc. So I guess that's where the trouble lies. There's no dummy, we have music playing, he goes into a sleeping bag each night, we read a book before bed. I'm trying to stay consistent with all that. But he just seems to hate the idea of being in bed and then once he's asleep he hates staying asleep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Sounds like your presence is your bubs aid when falling asleep. And when you are not there through the night bub wakes. You are doing a great job (especially in between school runs!). Unless you are able to stay with bub throughout the night/all naps I think you have to break that sleep association. Easier said than done when you are by yourself though. Does bub have a cloth/teddy comforter?