How vocal were you in labour? | Page 8 | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Thanks
    Reviews
    All your stories make me feel normal! ❤️
    I was very noisy with my first. I remember the mid wife telling me to stop making noise and put all my effort into pushing. I wanted to punch her in the face but I couldn't reach I don't remember much of that labour. It was a long 48 hours and it just feels like a blur to me. My second labour was only 6 hours I was actually very quiet up until the transition stage. I remember thinking the "I can't do this" both my labours were posterior so there so no break I contractions and it was all back labour. There was a lot of moaning with DD. Oh the pressure when they descend terrifies me! I kept saying I'm going to poo myself
    I apologised a lot in my second labour. The most embarrassing part was I bit my mother! She will never let me forget. I told her it was her own fault for putting her hands near my face .
    I remember the moment DD came out I was so chuffed and said "I did it!" I hope this one is a shorter labour again. So I can be done with it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was loud, well I thought I was, but afterwards DH told me I wasn't too loud. My son was posterior and 4kg and I got a 3rd degree tear.. I screamed so loud when that happened and totally dissociated!!! I am newly pregnant again and already planning to be quieter haha but I'm sure in reality I won't be able to control it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I thought I screamed/yelled/vocalised a lot but midwives told me I wasn't loud at all. So I guess it's perception, too. I don't mind being loud, it feels good and necessary for me to get through it!