+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep. Screamed the place down! I lose my sh*t in transition. I'm so impressed by all you ladies who can go inward...😀. With my second, I ended up giving birth about 2 minutes after I got up to birth suite. When in labour, you had to come in through ED cos they had a special express lift etc. So, they get me into a wheelchair, we zoom up to birth suite, and the lovely and overly polite ED nurse just stands there waiting for someone to take notice of us. I'm screaming and telling her "I've got to push" and she goes to me "they're a bit busy" ( at this point I can count 5 midwives pointedly doing paperwork and playing "if I don't make eye contact, I won't have to help crazy screaming woman give birth"). My wheelchair happened to be parked outside the door of the maternity nurse unit manager, so I just opened the door and screamed at this poor, shocked lady "none of your staff will help meeeeeeee!". Amazing how I got loads of help INSTANTLY 😀. Apparently I freaked out all the lovely first timers at the early pregnancy clinic that was running at the time next door. So all my screaming was loud and public!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Not very vocal both times.
    A lot of "ouch, ouch, f#@king ouch" with DD1. Sort of gritted my teeth & went inside myself alot. Got a bit upset towards the end - DD1 got stuck & had been pushing for ages so cried & said that I was tired.

DD2 I growled a bit with a few contractions & when pushing - hurt more & was waaayyy more faster/intense than DD1.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Loud primal grunting groaning cave woman like 😂😂😂. I let it all out! This was while my body was pushing I had no control over - was at 10cm for over 2 hours I was very vocal. I found it helped a lot.

Strangely enough my final push was comparitvly silent.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnygirl79 For This Useful Post:

witherwings  (25-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    First birth, induced and I honestly didn't know what was happening it happened so quickly, wasn't very noisy until the three pushes bringing him into the world and then it was just from the effort LOL drug free birth!

second birth, induced I kept making this weird guttural noise, I remember telling the midwife I wish I could shut up my inner cow because it was bloody annoying LOL drug free.

third EMCS due to cord prolapse, horrible horrible experience!

fourth, VBAC spontaneous, drug free LOUD birth! I was in shock my body was doing it on its own and petrified something would go wrong and I'd need another section, I pretty much sobbed and screamed all the way through which luckily was only 4 hours!

I don't swear during labour but with my fourth I do remember begging for drugs and the midwife saying the OB wanted me to wait a bit as I was progressing so quickly I started ranting saying 'what the hell would she know, she doesn't know what this feels like, you tell her I don't care about her stupid degrees, I know how I feel, get her on the phone and I'll tell her' so embarrassing!! My OB is one of my friends and needless to say when she came in to see me I was all smiles and sunshine haha!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsIsMe For This Useful Post:

witherwings  (25-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    Both times I was completely quiet during all contractions, just breathing and concentrating. It was extremely uncomfortable, but I just didn't make a sound (no pain relief either...weird).

However, when I got to transition I suddenly freaked out (both times), saying I couldn't go on and all that.

Then when pushing I screamed really loudly both times. Especially with DD it felt uncontrollable, like a primal scream. Thankfully with DD my pushing stage was only 6 minutes because afterwards I felt so embarrassed, which is silly because it's not unusual to scream and I'm sure they've heard it all!
    This is my experience exactly! Both labours. Especially 2nd time around, I felt like such an animal haha didn't help that I was squatting down over a crash mat with my ob kneeling behind me - absolute gorilla mumma moment

Thanks
    Reviews
    I freaked out when I was in transition and screamed out for the mw (she had left dh & I alone for a bit and I thought dd was coming there & then!) But otherwise both dh and the mw were suprised how quiet and calm I was after that. She was a water birth with no pain relief, it was an absolutely beautiful experience

Ds was a cheeky footling breech so was a planned cs. Not much noise there except my crying because I was so scared

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've been pretty vocal each time. My first was a long drawn out labour so there were a few tears, I didn't make much noise during the contractions because I was too busy sucking on the gas like a mad lady but they took it off me during pushing. When pushing I screamed and told them to get the forceps and just f*cking get it out of me. With my second I wanted to 'do better' so was pretty calm up until I got stuck at 9 then 10cm for ages, I gave up being active and retreated to the bed repeatedly saying I can't do this, at this point my labour notes even say "not coping" During pushing I was really concentrating on not tearing then his shoulder got stuck and I was trying to not freak out so I don't think I actually yelled to much this time. Third wasn't too bad, I swore a bit at DH coz he kept asking if I wanted the gas and wouldn't do the hip preassure thing the midwife did hard enough but that's about all I remember doing. My fourth I think I was the loudest, I apologised a lot to the midwife after. I went from established labour and 4 cms to holding DD in 25 minutes so it was hard and fast. I was extremely hot and nauseous throughout and at one point asked for the gas but by the time the midwives set it up and put it beside me I was feeling sick and decided I didn't f'ing want it. The loudest part was when she was descending and pushing, I did the whole loud animal type sound yelling even though I tried not to and kept yelling at my midwife that there was a baby in my bum (birthing on all fours) despite her reassurances that it was normal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not at all I found concentration and quiet helped, I felt like I lost control when I was vocal

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love these stories. So much. I find myself going back to my labours and saying 'that was me!' in my head.

The 'I can't do it' resonates so much. And the thoughts/feelings and DH's who do not push/rub the right way on the right part of the body (lower back for me with number 2).

Love it.
    Last edited by twinklify; 25-05-2016 at 13:26.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default How vocal were you in labour?

With my first I did a bit of humming and aahhhh-ing during contractions and eventually got an epi after about 24rs of contractions (very strong but was so slow to dilate) and was too tired to make noise by that point. Epi was turned off 5hrs later because bub needed to come out (distress) and the OB wanted me to feel contractions so I could push more effectively and he wouldn't need to do much pulling with the forceps. I completely freaked at this point and kept screaming "GET IT OUT OF ME!!!" Over and over. Hilariously embarrassing now!!

I had an induction second time around with an early epi and it was all pretty calm. The delivery was amazing. But, I couldn't stop pooping!! It was like an icecream machine! After every push I would apologise profusely and the midwife kept laughing and telling me to stop worrying about it.

Labour ain't glamorous.

ETA - I had a gall bladder attack a few hours after my first was born. It was incredibly painful and I responded completely differently to labour pain - I went very quiet, couldn't talk, couldn't open my eyes, it was horrendous.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast