+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    I'm terrified of vbac. I read a horrid story online about someone who "became that statistic". so now I've scared myself into probably a scheduled cs 😥
    Remember your bub is so young, it's all still so raw for you. I was the same after my c-section for probably 2 years, now 3 years later and we're TTC #2 I'm considering a VBAC if I ever fall pregnant.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast  (24-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    Remember your bub is so young, it's all still so raw for you. I was the same after my c-section for probably 2 years, now 3 years later and we're TTC #2 I'm considering a VBAC if I ever fall pregnant.
    thank you.

I'm 36 in 2 months though. thing is, I haven't got time to wait for wounds (physical and otherwise) to heal.

will assess how I feel and what's viable if/when it happens. it's all just hot air right now really lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    thank you.

I'm 36 in 2 months though. thing is, I haven't got time to wait for wounds (physical and otherwise) to heal.

will assess how I feel and what's viable if/when it happens. it's all just hot air right now really lol
    Yeah just wait till the time comes, discuss your options with your caregivers and then make up your mind. Even after you've made up your mind, you can still change it up until the end of your pregnancy 😊

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast  (24-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Furmumma View Post
    I screamed. A lot. In my front yard refusing to get in the car, when we got to hospital walking through a packed emergency dept screaming I can't do this, why is no one listening to me? Gosh it's embarrassing when I think about it. Begged for an epi which didn't work, so ended up having dead legs but could feel every contraction😖 but by then I kind of accepted the pain and used the gas and my partner to get through it. I'd like to think I'd be better second time around but it's unlikely as I'm a total wimp!
    Sorry but refusing to get in the car made me giggle. I am imagining the scene.

It is so hard to be in labour in the car! The seat is uncomfortable. You can't move/squirm and the seat belt is restrictive.

My 2nd labour was fast. And this time I tried to concentrate on breathing. It worked until transition.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

Furmumma  (25-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    This thread makes me feel so much better. I think I was in transition when my marbles went missing. I was confused though because I'd only been confirmed as 5cm dilated shortly before so I didn't know how that was possible!

It's funny how there seems to be an 'I can't do this' theme in a few responses. I said that so many times. I remember my midwife telling me the only way to make it stop was to give birth. So obvious yet I really needed to hear it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    For the pushing for my first 3 bubs it was just a low growl (first took over an hour because he had an arm on his head so I had to do an arm, head and shoulder all at once and it just wouldn't go hah.

My 4th, I had been sitting on a Swiss ball leaning over the bed. I had just got through transition and felt like I needed to push but thought it was too soon so stayed there for a few contractions. Then I said to hubby to get the midwife. She came in and I said I'll wait til the next contraction passes then will quickly jump on the bed on hands and knees. I did that and after she helped me up she went over to get new gloves. A contraction started and Bub just flew out and landed on the bed. (Couple cm drop so no issues). Apparently I had done all the crowning work while on the ball. So that "pushing" stage I was quiet.

During the normal labouring part, I would cry like a very quiet sob through some of the contractions but I was happy to chat between them. Even got to speak to my midwifes niece on FaceTime for one of them. (She went to hang up when her phone rang but I insisted we say hello). My husband is a bit of a jokester but also he really struggles watching me in labour so he makes jokes out of nervousness.
    My 1st, 2nd and 4th were induced. 3rd was spontaneous. It was definitely the easiest one to get through.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I walked half way to the hospital (1km away) in a Boston blizzard wearing a thin long sleeve shirt and PJ pants with DH driving beside me begging me to get in the car! I was pretty quite and laboured in the bath with the water jets on my back (where I was having the worst of the contraction pain), when I got out (after almost 12hrs of contractions 4/5min apart and my water being broken all that time) to be checked I was 4cm and during my next contraction I was really upset and DH said, "just breeattthhee" and I remember shouting "DON'T TELL ME WHEN TO F***ING BREATHE". He then retreated into the corner and I heard him whispering (begging) the midwife to give me something.
    Anyway - went downhill from there, had pethidine which made me sleep for 2hrs and I woke up more exhausted and only 5cm, epidural and then pitocin and got to 10cm, pushed for 1.5hrs and DS just didn't budge so and I ended up having a c-section which was quite a calm experience in the end.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't say a word or make a sound. Both times x

Thanks
    Reviews
    I kept saying "FFFFFFFF-" and had to be told my midwife that is was ok, I was allowed to swear.
    So tried, it was more like "FFFFFFFF….uu..*whispers* ck"
    Still couldn't do it, I can't swear in front of strangers! :P
    Lots of moaning though.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to deku For This Useful Post:

Full House  (25-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default How vocal were you in labour?

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenmum View Post
    I didn't get to active labour, but had been having back to back contractions for 3 hours with no progress by the time my OB arrived. I'd had nothing but a bit of gas at that stage, which was doing NOTHING! My OB came in and asked if I'd like to continue trying without any drugs and I asked her if she'd like a kick in the vagina 😶😅 I was soooo embarrassed afterwards! Luckily she has a great sense of humour and she just laughed it off.
    This makes me feel better lol. First time I was so awful to the midwife she actually left and got somebody else (no it wasn't a shift change, it was middle of the night). When she tried to put a monitor on bubs head I told her to get her effing hand out of my vagina or I would kick her in the face 😳
    I also asked the anaesthetist if he would marry me once he gave me an epidural lol
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 25-05-2016 at 07:14.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum  (25-05-2016),Full House  (25-05-2016)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast