+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    in a way I'm glad I had a cs, I found I was quite self conscious in front of the midwives. like couldn't express myself as fully as I wanted to and kept worrying what if I look/sound really stupid. no wonder my labour stalled πŸ˜‚

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    With DD yes I lost my mind. With DS, apart from a 'I dont think I can do this,' at home in the shower just before we went to hospital, I internalised my pain as a coping mechanism. Oh I guess I was also vocalising during the second stage as I hummed lullabies/songs to keep focus

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Both times I was completely quiet during all contractions, just breathing and concentrating. It was extremely uncomfortable, but I just didn't make a sound (no pain relief either...weird).

However, when I got to transition I suddenly freaked out (both times), saying I couldn't go on and all that.

Then when pushing I screamed really loudly both times. Especially with DD it felt uncontrollable, like a primal scream. Thankfully with DD my pushing stage was only 6 minutes because afterwards I felt so embarrassed, which is silly because it's not unusual to scream and I'm sure they've heard it all!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default How vocal were you in labour?

I screamed. I cried. I swore. I punched DF. I punched the floor. I bit DF.

I'm not sure of my labour was particularly painful due to induction and uterine hyperstimulation or if I have a low pain threshold but I will never forget how f-ing painful it was. I knew labour was going to hurt but nothing could have prepared me for it. Funnily enough the pushing at the end didn't hurt much. Due to other medical issues I couldn't have an epi 😩

Oh god I sound like such a wimp!
    Last edited by babyno1onboard; 24-05-2016 at 21:02.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (24-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I screamed. A lot. In my front yard refusing to get in the car, when we got to hospital walking through a packed emergency dept screaming I can't do this, why is no one listening to me? Gosh it's embarrassing when I think about it. Begged for an epi which didn't work, so ended up having dead legs but could feel every contractionπŸ˜– but by then I kind of accepted the pain and used the gas and my partner to get through it. I'd like to think I'd be better second time around but it's unlikely as I'm a total wimp!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I moaned (in a low, guttural kind of way) through contractions but otherwise made no noise and said nothing. Oh, except for during DS's labour when the midwife left the bathroom (I was in the bath) and put some music on. DH said my eyes snapped open and I said, "turn the f***ing music off!" Then I went back into my zone. lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I got a bit hysterical during transition with DS. I went from 8cm to holding him in 20 mins but 5 of that was the midwife telling me that I had hours to go and me yelling at her that he was coming out!! It was horrible. Going in to my second birth I told the midwife what happened the first time so she was amazing. I was really quiet with the second birth. I went from 6cm to holding my DD in 15mins which was again super intense but I didn't have to convince her that it was happening. Tried gas early on in labour with DS and it made me vomit so no more pain relief after that and drug free with DD.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was pretty quiet I think until I hit transition and it was on. I didn't swear (not sure how, I swear all the time!) but I kept going on and on about how I couldn't do it anymore, give me all the drugs NOW (sorry, too late!) and carried on a lot. It took an hour of pushing to get him out and it hurt like b.itch. I apologised afterwards for all my carrying on and was promptly forgiven πŸ˜‚. Not sure how I'll go second time round!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Pearlygirl For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (24-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did a lot of "ow, ow, ow" and "oooowwwwww"! And some grunting.

There's a lot I don't remember, but I went inside myself and focussed inwards. I think yoga helped with that. I had my eyes shut for most of the time.

I didn't identify a 'transition' time, but I do remember a point where I was thinking 'I don't think I can do this', and was thinking about asking for an epidural. I didn't believe the midwife when she said I was nearly there! So that was probably transition, I guess?

It's a bit embarrassing, but I poo-ed a bit during the birth - does this happen to everyone? I was mortified.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I never got to transition stage. makes me sad.