+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    10ish hours is no where near enough for a toddler. Two year olds need 12 hours of sleep. At least.
    Whoops, I meant to quote, not thank.

I get what you're saying, because I've always encouraged my girls to get as much sleep as possible and such late bedtimes wouldn't fly with me. But surely this isn't a definite? As adults, we require varying amounts of sleeps to function well, so why would children be different?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cannot and will not do cc and this study will not change that. I have horrible sleepers. I haven't had more than 2 hours unbroken sleep in 3 years. Obviously, different families have different needs and pressures, but for me I would rather be a walking, cranky zombie than allow my kids to get that distressed. I also don't think cc would work for my kids. They tend to cry themselves up rather than down if that makes sense.
    Also, like delirium said a cohort of 43??? Pffft. Waste of everyone's time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicmama View Post
    No, the study used controlled crying. The time to wait before going in to re settle is in the original article that I posted.
    I could not see the first article. Was just interesting that different media (the one I posted was American though I think) both call it different things AND take the information from the study and present it differently.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    I could not see the first article. Was just interesting that different media (the one I posted was American though I think) both call it different things AND take the information from the study and present it differently.
    Many use CC and CIO interchangeably, but when it comes to a study, I think it's important to to use the correct terminology. That's some shoddy journalism when they can't even get the basics right 😑

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

Silver flute  (25-05-2016),VicPark  (25-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    In regards to sleep periods, med pros do recommend 12 hours sleep until around the 2+year mark. I don't think BRV is saying every single child needs that long, of course there are kids that are perfectly happy on 11 or 9. But *most* 2 year olds need that amount.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicmama View Post
    Many use CC and CIO interchangeably, but when it comes to a study, I think it's important to to use the correct terminology. That's some shoddy journalism when they can't even get the basics right 😑
    I totally agree. It just gets confusing and lets be realistic that most people do not go through to the study to look at the info directly - so get info from the article that is... not right! And people get the wrong info!

But thats a totally totally different topic.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Controlled Crying study

I have good sleepers, I put it down to the fact we diagnosed a medical issue ( dairy allergy) so eliminated dairy thus pain and the fact we co sleep. Yes they will stir in the night but this is for a quick feed or comfort cuddle. Because I'm right there they don't actually wake so are able to remain in a dreamy state. As a general rule no other mammal leaves there dependent young

Edit :

For the record when we have had them in separate beds they have fully woken several times

9. The Following User Says Thank You to maternidade For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (25-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-0...-finds/7443878

Another article posted about the study.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by sajimum View Post
    http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-0...-finds/7443878

Another article posted about the study.
    That schedule That isn't ccing, that's CIO. You don't leave a baby to cry for 30 mins before going in.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (25-05-2016),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (26-05-2016),sajimum  (25-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    That schedule That isn't ccing, that's CIO. You don't leave a baby to cry for 30 mins before going in.
    I think the opening sentence says it all 'Babies left to cry themselves to cry themselves to sleep.....' Straight away that tells me CIO not CC.