+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    In all honesty, does anyone really get truly "offended" by what other people post on BubHub? Do you really care what someone you don't know/have never met/will never meet, thinks or says about something you've written?

I love BubHub. I certainly waste a fair bit of time on here. I find it interesting, sometimes informative, many times entertaining, occasionally a bit too sterile, often times very irritating and repetitive. But, I keep coming back

As I've said, I did CIO and CC with both my children, not that I knew that terminology at the time. Do I give a rat's @rse if someone on here proclaims that I parented incorrectly, and/or have damaged my children irreparably? Nup. Am I interested in people's thoughts on the topic? Absolutely. With caveats. Some people crap on about how great they are, and that gets boring.

Aaaah BubHub. Gotta love it.

Sent from my SM-N910G using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Nope I don't care. I care if I've unintentionally hurt someone, or if I've been misunderstood and I like to clarify what I actually meant, but as to what people think about me? No i don't care.

I also know in my real life these things are never really "issues" anyway. I know heaps of people who used cc or cio. They are great people. I know them now their kids are 5, 7 and 10 year olds and I know I can't tell which ones co-slept, which were tweaked and which were trained.

It's not an issue once kids are older. No one cares.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

MsViking  (27-05-2016),VicPark  (27-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Since we are posting up articles, here's one that resonates with me:

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2012-0...crying/4256980

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MsViking For This Useful Post:

J37  (27-05-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (27-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HopefulK View Post
    Since we are posting up articles, here's one that resonates with me:

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2012-0...crying/4256980
    That was pretty funny. Cheers

Sent from my SM-N910G using The Bub Hub mobile app

6. The Following User Says Thank You to J37 For This Useful Post:

MsViking  (27-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Love this @HopefulK! I read this before but had forgotten about it. I loved Robin Barker's books to, all no nonsense and non judgemental.

A few nights of crying, meh.

Our real battle is trans fats!!!! 😜

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

MsViking  (27-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post

And I know heaps of people, both IRL and on here that CC/CIO from very early on, way before the 6+months recommendation and do so bc of convenience and being parent centred. I'm not actually criticising that persay. Just the notion that people don't expect babies to sleep and only use sleep training out of desperation.
    Who are these parents? What do they do before trying cc/CIO? How do they implement cc/CIO (length, duration) and what do they tell you their reasons are?

Do you count sleep training as a preventative measure to getting a solid nights sleep so you DONT spiral into a pit of sleep deprivation, PND and medication ....... as being convenience and parent centred?
    - Is it convenience and parent centered to sleep train before one crashes ..... Yet totally understandable to do it after one crashes?

As the old saying goes - IMO prevention (sleep training) is better than cure (all that is involved in tackling the black fog of depression).

10. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

MsViking  (27-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Controlled Crying study

http://evolutionaryparenting.com/con...critical-look/

Not sure if the URL is too hippie here lol

IMO it's always good to be open minded about things. If people weren't then they would still be doing archaic medical practices or believing the world was flat. Just because Cc and CIO are popular doesn't mean they're necessarily right for the baby.. It's just common and society accepts it..

I like to look at data.. Data from previous studies DOES tell us that cortisol levels taken from babies DURING CC/CIO are really high. I can see why some mothers are driven to it but the affects of stress on such little brains isn't for me. I'm in the "lets explore IF the world is round camp" 😜
    Last edited by amiracle4me; 27-05-2016 at 08:46.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to amiracle4me For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (27-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well to be fair to @delirium I guess I was open about commencing cc on dd2 at the 5 month mark. A lot of literature I had read was between 4-6 months was ok to try it and if they are not receptive to try it again later. And that was to teach self settling as opposed to sleeping through the night without feeds.

I don't advocate cc before 6 months. If I ever give advice I preface that it is usually not recommended before then.

But desperate times call for desperate measures. I was dying. Dying. Fantasising about accidents so I could be looked after in a hospital and just rest.

Easy to judge but when you are living that nightmare.... Some can soldier on and put on a game face but I just couldn't. If that makes me a $hitty parent so be it. I also think I was a more $hitty parent being sleep deprived as I was yelling, screaming and crying in front of my kids. The whole family was miserable. So either way I was never going to win.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (27-05-2016),gingermillie  (27-05-2016),Minib  (27-05-2016),MsViking  (27-05-2016),nh2489  (27-05-2016),VicPark  (27-05-2016),wobbleyhorse  (27-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by amiracle4me View Post
    http://evolutionaryparenting.com/con...critical-look/

Not sure if the URL is too hippie here lol
    Yep

16. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (27-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I avoid those kind of sites, I put them in the same boat as conspiracy theorists and anti vac sites. They are not impartial and are pushing an agenda.
    I also didn't use studies when researching cc.

I asked people in real life. My parents, friends, other mums and dads. I read many many baby forums. People of all persuasions sharing their real life experiences.

I trust that a helluva lot more than those pushing their agendas.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

nh2489  (27-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Controlled Crying study

I also refuse to be typecast or be pigeon holed into a style of parenting. I just go with what works best. I use cloth nappies, do BLW and used cc as my babies were cr@p sleepers.

It makes life so much easier when you don't subscribe to a certain style and instead go with what seems right for your child. That is child led parenting.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (27-05-2016),Cue  (28-05-2016),MsViking  (27-05-2016),nh2489  (27-05-2016),VicPark  (27-05-2016),wobbleyhorse  (27-05-2016)