+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default .....I thought we were done....

Yep.. well and truly thought we were done. I was so content with our family of 5.
    DH was going in to get the snip. He's been putting it off and last week told me that right now he is definitely finished, but he can't say how he will feel in 5 years time... all our kids will be at school, what if we decide we want another. He wants to do something less permanent, until he is 110% sure.

Oh my gosh. I didn't realise how much I don't want to be done. I love babies. I hate pregnancy. I love parenting. I love being a busy stay at home mum (though of course there are moments I complain/cry/scream!)

Hubby said I was grinning ear to ear with a spark in my eye when he told me his thoughts. He still says he definitely doesn't want another now! I never understood the pressure from family, to not have anymore, until now. They all assume we are totally done (we may have said this ourselves though, lol) I told my dad that DH is not getting vasectomy and his response just made me sad. I always thought my parents would be supportive.

My heart says, more babies.

My mind says, no, wait and see. Let hubby finish his degree. Upgrade the car to one we want without being under financial strain to do so. In 3 & a half years all our kids will be at preschool/school, so either we could decide to go again, or not. And just enjoy our kids growing up.

I don't really know the point of this post, I just had to put it down somewhere. I was so sure we were done because the option was taken away from us by DH getting the snip, and I was happy with that. But now that it's a possibility, I am so excited about having more and becoming a family of 6/7.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    After number 3, I was done. Until I decided I wanted number 4. After he was born I was definitely done. Now we are TTC number 5.
    I feel a little bit like an addict... "Just one more". Haha.
    I totally understand that feeling though. It's like a sudden baby wave hits you and now you want another one haha.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ahalfdozen For This Useful Post:

blissfulfairy  (28-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We were done after no. 3 too- gave away heaps of newborn stuff.
    We are going to start ttc no. 4 in July ☺️.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mint80 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    You're so young. You can do all the things you want to, achieve all you want to, and still have time to pop another few out Take your time.

DH would love another here but I'm definitely done at am thanking my lucky stars that I'm older and out of the pondering/wondering stage

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Phony For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think you should wait until he's finished his degree and see what happens your such a good mum and so calm I'm sure u can make it work

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Me too OP... We are 5 but I want just one more

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I thought we were done after 4. Told DH I wouldn't leave hospital until he had booked in for snip. The day after DS2 was born I wanted another. Now DH doesn't want another. The debate continues, and each day I want another even more so.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh gosh dont tell me i wont be done after #3 is born 😫

Thanks
    Reviews
    I thought we were done too. Everyone around us thinks we're done. But my heart wants one more and I don't know if I can go through ivf again 😔 I wish we had the option of deciding and making it happen on our own.