+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    probably not travelling more when younger (like out of school/early 20s)

looking back I regret the path of study I chose as its left me with a lot of hecs debt.

they're prob the main ones. the first regret probably happened because of the second one, i.e. I was studying and therefore had no money/no time to work to save up for travel.

my parents had these silly ideas that you had to finish a uni degree, so they seemed to think it'd be better for me to complete my BA (design) then never use it rather than pull out before I finished it (thus saving myself thousands in fees). I had no real idea or direction back then, working fulltime in a crap job I reckon would've made me grow up a lot more and I would've had some money to travel with. looking back I was such a small town girl, all very local and no real idea about the world. thank Christ I'm not that naive idiot anymore lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I dont fully regret never travelling more before I had kids as i can now travel with them or wait until they are older then do it. Yes it is annoying I have to wait a bit longer but the opportunity to travel has been taken away.
    I do regret not studying in an area I love when I left school and only doing it now that I have kids and dont really want to work long hours.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I regret not starting study earlier, though honestly I didn't know what I wanted to do until now so really it couldn't have been helped.

I don't regret not travelling before kids. We bought a house and have a Bub on the way. Money well spent imho. We will travel. There's nothing stopping us. We have lots of time with the kids and also later in life without the kids.

Sometimes I regret not "being a teenager". I never had my wild years. But truly, the reason I didn't is because I didn't want it. So it's just whimsy really.

I regret not respecting money. We could so easily be in a really good financial position right now but instead we are always stressing about our debt. That's the one true thing I regret that I can fix. And should fix. And need to fix.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It's such a hard question to answer. Many of the things I SHOULD regret from my past I can't because they resulted in some of the most important people in my life.

I do regret some of the choices I have made recently, although I didn't make them alone. I regret moving to Canberra and leaving my job. Even though there are some positives ultimately it was a mistake.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I really hate my job. The more senior I get the harder it is to get out, especially after maternity leave. I used to regret not taking a couple of nicer jobs when I was younger because I was arrogant and thought I could get better. I also used to regret not travelling more when I was younger or choosing a different career altogether.

However, since having my babies I have stopped having any real regrets. Because if I had done things differently I wouldn't have the children I have. And I love them and being their mum more than anything in the world.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to hollypolly For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast  (24-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I regret buying a $75 eye shadow that I never wore (I rarely wear make up). Now I have two girls they use it for dress ups.

Not as deep as everyone else's!! Overall I regret wasting money

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

MrsTugs  (24-05-2016),WinterJade  (24-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I kind of regret having my daughter when I did. She was a much planned for and anticipated baby however I was 23 and hubby was 25, and I feel like if we would have waited 5 years I would have been able to selfishly build my career, we could have paid down our mortgage, so I could get a part-time job while she's young. However by having her so early in my career, I'm building it now which means I have to work full time as part-time positions at my level are rare. However in saying that, I'm currently almost 7 months into TTC #2 and being tested for PCOS so who knows if I would even be able to have the 2 kids I wanted if I waited an extra 5 years.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My biggest regret is still to come if I don't do it. I want to live overseas. I moved to London in 2010 but came home for love. Turned out I had cancer (unbeknownst to me) so was diagnosed soon after getting home. Very lucky to be home going through that. The love is still my love and we have 1 + 1 on the way. But I am still craving to immerse myself in a country for a year. I better bloody do it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I regret not having written a novel yet. I've had a couple of strong ideas bouncing around in my head for years, and have even done bits of research, but I've never knuckled down and just written. Partly it's lack of time (which is no better at the moment), but I suspect there's also an element of being scared. What if it's not as good as I think it will be? What if I'm actually a terrible writer? Can I take the rejection?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I regret not making the decision to study for my dream career earlier. I wasted 3 years studying something I'm not passionate about and have no interest in pursuing.

I also regret going back to work when my DD was a baby. I've absolutely loved being a SAHM for my two boys and feel like I made the wrong decision to go back to work after my DD.