+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Life regrets

What is something you regret in your life

I regret not studying when I was younger.
    Not travelling to America like we always wanted to do, we bought a house instead I don't regret the house but I wish we travelled
    I kind of regret not having a baby earlier I'm 27 and just had my first but l wish I already had a 4 year old

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also wish I tried harder with my dad as a teenager, he died when l was 15 I just always thought he would be around for ever. I should have spent more time with him and not avoided him at the ages of 13-15

Thanks
    Reviews
    I regret not respecting myself more in my late teens/early twenties. Too many jerks that I let treat me poorly, I wish I was stronger back then and stood up for myself more!

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Happymum2 For This Useful Post:

amiracle4me  (24-05-2016),amy90  (25-05-2016),Maybaby12  (24-05-2016),Reneeharry  (23-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I haven't always made wise choices in life, I've stayed with jerk boyfriends, I've put myself in stupid situations, I've wasted money. I do feel though that I've learnt from these experiences and I wouldn't be the same person if they didn't happen so I actually don't regret them.

I regret ignoring a friend when I was busy who then died suddenly.

I regret not seeing my nana before she passed away. I'm still so angry with myself, I should have learnt from the the regret above. I was 20 mins too late and if I'd really tried harder I could have made it. I didn't follow my gut instinct.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

Reneeharry  (23-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    A couple of younger people I work with were talking today about their plans to travel, their study, their sport they're playing etc. and it made me feel a bit sad that at that age I already had kids and missed out on that part of my life or what it could have been. I will never travel or have a career to be very proud of but I don't regret it so much, just wonder what if things had been different. But I do hold hope that I can make a comfortable happy life for my children to pursue their dreams and I am content with how things are mostly.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sairz For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (24-05-2016),Reneeharry  (24-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I regret not travelling before I became a parent. Something I am only doing now and it's so hard to be away from kiddo. I have another huge regret but can't be bothered going into it. I will always regret it but life has to move on.

I also wish I studied and was in a better job than I currently am in but because I have no education behind me, I will always be in a job similar to I am now because I struggle to also study.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sairz View Post
    A couple of younger people I work with were talking today about their plans to travel, their study, their sport they're playing etc. and it made me feel a bit sad that at that age I already had kids and missed out on that part of my life or what it could have been. I will never travel or have a career to be very proud of but I don't regret it so much, just wonder what if things had been different. But I do hold hope that I can make a comfortable happy life for my children to pursue their dreams and I am content with how things are mostly.
    I never thought I would travel but I am just finishing my trip now. I am a single parent and my son is almost 9. Was hard to leave him behind but I did it. Proud of myself coz I honestly thought I would never get the chance to ever go overseas. Once I get home tomorrow night, kiddo and I will be sitting and working out a budget so we can travel next year together.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Myztiks#1Fan For This Useful Post:

Homeschooling4  (24-05-2016),Purple Poppy  (24-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not saying I regret my kids but I wish I had of waited longer to hsve them and lived life, travelled etc. My ex and I were together only 3 months before I was pregnant.!

I regret trusting certain people.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I wish I had travelled more. In saying that if I had travelled more DH and I wouldn't have got together when we did and I wouldn't have gone back to uni and be in a job that I love. I am otherwise pretty happy with where I am in life. I have to keep telling myself I still have a good 30-40 yrs+ where I can travel the world, and then also impart some wonderful experiences to our future children.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Life regrets

I've been trying to come up with a suitable response to this but I just can't pick it.
    I've slept with the wrong people and said the wrong things and been lazy when I shouldn't have, blown cash on who knows what. But in the end I don't regret it. I can trace back meeting my husband through various fellas I dated. Not because they were friends but because for example, I met my husband at work. A job I got because the previous fella convinced me to get. I met that fella through a female friend that was a friend of a different ex. Who I met in a car club I joined because of the guy before him.

If we hadn't have blown so much money and ended up so poor, we wouldn't have taken the big risk we took moving to where we now live. (Nothing left to lose kind of deal). And I love it here. I can't imagine being anywhere else.

I shouldn't have been lazy and finished school and gone onto my dream career but realistically, I would still be studying towards it and instead I'm married with 4 beautiful children which I really do value over the job. I've decided to follow a career path in a similar field but much less intensive. So I might not get the whole cake and eat it too, but I get my family and enough of a dream job to satiate me. Which is a much better compromise.

I think maybe the closest I have to a regret, is listening to my mother for as long as I did. Not cutting her out sooner. But honestly, it's done now so only onwards and upwards from here.

ETA since everyone else mentions travel.
    I don't have any real desire to go see other countries. I'm just not interested. I DO want to see Antarctica and hubby has agreed we will go for my 40th (I'm 28).
    We do however want to see Australia and are currently saving for/having built a fancy pants, super off-road camper trailer and the plan is (and I intend to see it through) every school holidays excluding Christmas ones, we will just hop in and go with the kids. We want them to see our wonderful country. That's all the travel I want.
    Last edited by Ahalfdozen; 24-05-2016 at 10:35.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ahalfdozen For This Useful Post:

amiracle4me  (24-05-2016),Wise Enough  (24-05-2016)