Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    I think you need a second opinion. You went in for an ultrasound to see if you were pregnant. You were in there for 45 minutes - I have never seen an ultrasound go that long. They didn't even look at your uterus? If I was you I would go to the ER. It's not an emergency but they might pay attention. Good luck. I hope you get the answers you are looking for.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would head to another doctor for clear second opinion. If you are not pregnant - there is obviously something else going on that needs investigation

Thanks
    Reviews
    I always had ultrasounds go that long when i was pregnant took ages to measure and look around. I have decided that i will ask for another doctor but i am going to wait now until after my uni is over so next week. Just cant take the stress of all the stuffing around i have got. Looking at the pics all the pics are of measurments of my ovaries, but there is no report on any of it. Maybe i can push a doctor to do the right thing next week. Just so over the running around for no answers

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hmmm...she focused on your ovaries, took 45 minutes, and wasn't overly talkative...Hmmm. It sounds like she was looking for/at ovarian pathology, and I very much hope this is not a situation of ovarian malignancy.

Due to the location of the ovaries, it is impossible for the sonographer not to have seen your uterus. If there was a baby in there, she would have seen it. She clearly didn't tell you her findings. Many sonographers don't, as they don't want to pre-empt the Radiologist who is the doctor who writes the report. Although if there was a baby, I'm tipping most sonographers would tell you!

Before you storm off to ED/another GP, just wait. Make an appointment to see your referring GP and get a copy of the ultrasound report. This usually takes a day or so to come through. Get a paper copy of the report, and if you like you can PM me and I'll decipher it for you, although I would hope your GP does this.

If there was anything really nasty, the Radiologist usually rings the GP, and the GP calls you in for an urgent appointment.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted.

Sent from my SM-N910G using The Bub Hub mobile app

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to J37 For This Useful Post:

BabyG4  (25-05-2016),Rocky27  (25-05-2016),smallpotatoes  (15-06-2016),Stretched  (25-05-2016),VicPark  (26-05-2016),Wise Enough  (25-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=J37;8488200]Hmmm...she focused on your ovaries, took 45 minutes, and wasn't overly talkative...Hmmm. It sounds like she was looking for/at ovarian pathology, and I very much hope this is not a situation of ovarian malignancy.

Due to the location of the ovaries, it is impossible for the sonographer not to have seen your uterus. If there was a baby in there, she would have seen it. She clearly didn't tell you her findings. Many sonographers don't, as they don't want to pre-empt the Radiologist who is the doctor who writes the report. Although if there was a baby, I'm tipping most sonographers would tell you!

My thoughts exactly. I'm thinking there may be some ovarian pathology.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    Hmmm...she focused on your ovaries, took 45 minutes, and wasn't overly talkative...Hmmm. It sounds like she was looking for/at ovarian pathology, and I very much hope this is not a situation of ovarian malignancy.

Before you storm off to ED/another GP, just wait. Make an appointment to see your referring GP and get a copy of the ultrasound report. This usually takes a day or so to come through. Get a paper copy of the report, and if you like you can PM me and I'll decipher it for you, although I would hope your GP does this.

If there was anything really nasty, the Radiologist usually rings the GP, and the GP calls you in for an urgent appointment.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted.

It says on disc measurements of ovaries are normal and no abdumalities. Thats pretty much all info on there

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm not medically trained in any way, but could it be bowel related? I used to get terrible bloating and my belly would swell and be really firm, with lots of cramping.

Maybe they wanted to rule out pregnancy and or potential ovarian issues first? Seems odd that the Dr hasn't been clear with you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cue View Post
    I'm not medically trained in any way, but could it be bowel related? I used to get terrible bloating and my belly would swell and be really firm, with lots of cramping.

Maybe they wanted to rule out pregnancy and or potential ovarian issues first? Seems odd that the Dr hasn't been clear with you.
    Yes, this has already been mentioned. If the OP's pelvic ultrasound is normal, she may need a colonoscopy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would definitely be following up with your GP for the results of the ultrasound.
    no point going to another dr, if you've had an ultrasound and just need the results. If after seeing the GP, you still don't have results from the ultrasound, then I'd get a second opinion

Thanks
    Reviews
    Weirdly, I have heard of this exact situation. My husbands cousin. Exactly. She was a bigger girl who had no period, no positive test, bulging belly, and felt movement. Ultrasound showed nothing. Then at 6-7 months somehow they worked it out she actually was pregnant! If I didn't know her, I wouldn't have believed it were possible. She was so traumatised! I really hope you get your answers and it's all positive! Good luck