+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default IUI as a single in western Australia

So i have a 2 year old who i love dearly, things with his father didnt work out well and we are curently going through court, it was a very abusive relationship and it has put me off men and relationships all together. I want my son to have a little sibling without a big age gap. So i wanted to do IUI using donor sperm, can anyone tell me where they went and how much it costs all up. Im looking at Fertility north in joondalup but its not telling me sperm donor costs. Thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    If I were you, I would definitely wait until the court process was completely over before I even thought about IVF. Family court proceedings are stressful, costly and long drawn out. Much like the IVF process. I wouldn't want to be enduring them at the same time.

I can understand about the age gap but from someone who has been through the court process and is starting IVF in one week, I couldn't encourage you enough to recoup before making such a huge life decision.

I wouldn't base your sole decision-making process on an "abusive ex" either. You should take some time for yourself and recover from it mentally. You can't let one man determine your opinion on all men and relationships.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SurferGalGC View Post
    If I were you, I would definitely wait until the court process was completely over before I even thought about IVF. Family court proceedings are stressful, costly and long drawn out. Much like the IVF process. I wouldn't want to be enduring them at the same time.

I can understand about the age gap but from someone who has been through the court process and is starting IVF in one week, I couldn't encourage you enough to recoup before making such a huge life decision.

I wouldn't base your sole decision-making process on an "abusive ex" either. You should take some time for yourself and recover from it mentally. You can't let one man determine your opinion on all men and relationships.
    Im definitely waiting until court is finished, the father is wanting to finish soon as he has another child and is wanting to take that mother through court too, im just wanting the costs of these things to decide what to do, im not basing my feelings on one guy, its all and even then im not giving up, if a man comes into my life then he will need to accept two children.

Ive been single for 2 years now, i know im not mentally ready but again, i just want the costs so i know how much to save.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcweadley View Post
    Im definitely waiting until court is finished, the father is wanting to finish soon as he has another child and is wanting to take that mother through court too, im just wanting the costs of these things to decide what to do, im not basing my feelings on one guy, its all and even then im not giving up, if a man comes into my life then he will need to accept two children.

Ive been single for 2 years now, i know im not mentally ready but again, i just want the costs so i know how much to save.
    Ive been in a few abusive/bad relationships and i feel im not into the dating thing, i prefer to be alone.

Ive been thinking about this for quite a while.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I prefer to be alone also, zero desire to repartner.
    if I want another I will look and IUI etc, generally the price varies from company to company

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    There is a long wait for anon sperm in WA. I waited about 15 months at concept. I think Fertility North used to be shorter, but more expensive. My IUIs were about $800 out of pocket including sperm cost. Can't recall the specific sperm cost though sorry.

Anyway depending on your time frame I'd get on the list soon, or look at flying east (eg QLD)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Flower78 View Post
    There is a long wait for anon sperm in WA. I waited about 15 months at concept. I think Fertility North used to be shorter, but more expensive. My IUIs were about $800 out of pocket including sperm cost. Can't recall the specific sperm cost though sorry.

Anyway depending on your time frame I'd get on the list soon, or look at flying east (eg QLD)
    I was thinking it might be cheaper to fly over east. Will be something to look into