+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SSecret Squirrel View Post
    I did read somewhere years ago that men of certain occupations that place their bits under stress tend to have more girls. eg elite athletes, deep sea divers. Same for obese men.
    Actually I noticed that most males in my dads occupation have daughters.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My BIL is a saturation diver and was told daughters are the norm in his profession - he has one DS and one DD

Thanks
    Reviews
    We dtd 4 days prior to ovulation and are having a boy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did read somewhere years ago that men of certain occupations that place their bits under stress tend to have more girls. eg elite athletes, deep sea divers. Same for obese men.
    Yes this is true, because essentially anything that reduces your fertility sways girl.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to GingerKat For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (23-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerKat View Post
    This is a good example of how timing of DTD does not sway, contrary to popular belief. If it was as easy as saying "OK, I want a girl so I'll just DTD a few days before I ovulate" then anyone who wanted to get their desired gender would just do that. Everyone in China and India would make sure they only dtd on O day. It just doesn't work like that. There is definitely a science to swaying but also it is just a bit of luck as well. Biology is far to clever to be able to be manipulated so easily.
    I didn't think of it like that lol.. That's so true!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    I've read that boy sperm swim faster but girl sperm live longer. so if you want a girl, bd a few days before ovulation as by the time you ovulate, the boy sperm would've died off, theoretically increasing your chances of the egg being fertilized by a longer living girl sperm.

the theory goes that the closer to ovulation you bd, the more likely the faster boy sperms get to the egg and fertilize it first.

we bd right on ovulation and got a boy.

I do often wonder though if men produce a greater quantity of either sperm as this would be a variable also? like families that have like 4 or 5 girls...surely that's more than just pot luck? I reckon some guys have more girl sperm and others have more boy sperm.

end of the day I reckon it's just chance though. there's no real way to accurately sway either way!
    This is true in our extended family. Very strong male genes on DH side. There are several boy-only families and the ones that have a girl also have 2-3 boys. No girl only families. Goes back a few generations his dad has 4 brothers and one sister. I don't believe for a second that is luck! But doesn't look good for our chances of having a girl...

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sunnygirl79 For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (23-05-2016),turquoisecoast  (23-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Conceiving a girl..

Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    This is true in our extended family. Very strong male genes on DH side. There are several boy-only families and the ones that have a girl also have 2-3 boys. No girl only families. Goes back a few generations his dad has 4 brothers and one sister. I don't believe for a second that is luck! But doesn't look good for our chances of having a girl...
    That's what I thought! DF family is nearly all boys and they had all boys and DF already had two sons. I just assumed we were having a boy, even when we had a gender scan and they said girl I thought it was wrong lol. FIL even joked that there was no point even having the gender scan! I didn't actually believe we were having a girl until she was born.
    Last edited by babyno1onboard; 23-05-2016 at 07:43.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

sunnygirl79  (23-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well if grntics are involved I have a really good chance of getting girls! My BIL has now had 3 girls, their Male cousin has one girl, and they are pregnant with another girl.. so we might get lots of girls! Very interesting!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Conceiving a girl..

A lot of Cyclists, Pilots and Divers seem to have girls. For Cyclists they say it's the stress on their bits etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Uniquey View Post
    A lot of Cyclists, Pilots and Divers seem to have girls. For Cyclists they say it's the stress on their bits etc.
    my dad used to cycle to work! 3 girls in our family 😂

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (23-05-2016),Mod-Uniquey  (24-05-2016)